• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
8 hours is a half day in my job. 10 is the standard, 12 is common. Shifts starting at 11:30pm and ending at 1:45pm are not unknown.
And my commute takes the best part of 2 hours each way....
I think you need a new job!

Unless you enjoy it of course in which case I should mind my own business :p

An awful lot of people in the care industry still work 25 hour shifts, usually 11 am until 12 noon the next day, or 2pm until 3pm the next day, with a "sleep in" at work...hopefully.
I put up with those hours for two decades, now I never work more than four hours without a two hour break...old man in a physical job!

...and back on topic, how did the park cope with the scarefest crowds then?
Ride queues seemed ok, how did the rest of the infrastructure cope overall?
Blackpool in comparison was dead, only a couple of thousand on the park on Sunday.

Heading to AT on Saturday, absolutely cannot wait. Last time I went they had Corkscrew, blackhole, the beast, thunderlooper etc. All gone now, so really looking forward to riding everything, as nothing better riding something new for the first time.

Last time I went they had Corkscrew, blackhole, the beast, thunderlooper etc. All gone now, so really looking forward to riding everything, as nothing better riding something new for the first time.
It's going to be very busy on Saturday for Scarefest. If you want to ride everything then you'll probably need Fastrack.

The park will be so different to how you remember it! :)

Saturday looks like a write-off for the park. 40+ hour winds from midday onwards...surely must be a possibility of closure?

Saturday looks like a write-off for the park. 40+ hour winds from midday onwards...surely must be a possibility of closure?
Seems to calm back down again after 3pm, so hopefully they’ll be okay. I’m expecting a few ride closures, but there is no need to shut the entire park I don’t think.

Seems to calm back down again after 3pm, so hopefully they’ll be okay. I’m expecting a few ride closures, but there is no need to shut the entire park I don’t think.
Well opening day of this season they wouldn't let guests back towards rides that could open such as Duel due to the risk of trees falling down at 35mph wind speed.

Although it's Merlin so they were probably lying and just using it as an excuse.

BBC saying 10-4 40mph+. And all day tomorrow. In typical Towers fashion there has been no forewarning and no doubt they'll only inform at 9 on the day :rolleyes:

Well opening day of this season they wouldn't let guests back towards rides that could open such as Duel due to the risk of trees falling down at 35mph wind speed.

Although it's Merlin so they were probably lying and just using it as an excuse.

Probably, trees don't fall over in 35mph wind unless the roots are seriously compromised, what a load of horse manure, even my polytunnel can take 70mph winds right in the face.

Probably, trees don't fall over in 35mph wind unless the roots are seriously compromised, what a load of horse manure, even my polytunnel can take 70mph winds right in the face.
Exactly, what actually happened on opening weekend this year was that they told staff to have the weekend off due to the bad forecast, but when the weather wasn't actually too bad on the day there were no staff to run the place so they started to fabricate excuses. The park has operated in far colder, windier and snowier conditions in the past.

The park is not going to close. However looking at the wind speeds forecast for today and tomorrow I would not expect any of the X-Sector rides to open at the very least.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.