• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The Smiler is currently operating yet it feels extremely windy with the BBC saying wind speeds currently include gusts of over 40mph.
Looking at the wind speeds around shropshire and Birmingham area. I would say its not long until the 40mph winds reach AT

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Looks like the winds have picked up at Towers now with both Oblivion and Smiler being closed. They have been open for most of the day though so let's hope it's okay tomorrow!

:)

Looks like the winds have picked up at Towers now with both Oblivion and Smiler being closed. They have been open for most of the day though so let's hope it's okay tomorrow!

:)
Don't blame them for closing those two, it must be someway over their maximum wind tolerances. Good on them for operating them for most of the day though

Alcohol is being served today Got a nice stella on the go at moment. Managed to already ride everything with the fast pass, so need a quick stop before we go round again and hopefully a third time in the dark. =)

8 hours is a half day in my job. 10 is the standard, 12 is common. Shifts starting at 11:30pm and ending at 1:45pm are not unknown.
And my commute takes the best part of 2 hours each way....

I'm the same. Shift starts at 10am leave home at 7.30am then work until 11pm go to sleep. Get up at 7am work until 10am then get home around 12.30pm

What’s it like there? Taking ridetimes with a pinch of salt as they’ve proved how unreliable it can be this year?

Was tossing up visiting for the evening

What’s it like there? Taking ridetimes with a pinch of salt as they’ve proved how unreliable it can be this year?

Was tossing up visiting for the evening

Ridetimes is accurate. Indeed, underestimating in parts. Nemesis said 50 minutes earlier and it was in fact 70. Fastrack allocations are vile.

According to merlin (this applies at all RTP's) fastrack is meant to be 50% of the main queue.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

If the winds anything like it is in Birmingham right now I'm surprised they haven't bottled it and shut the whole place.
Don’t jinx it I’ve just arrived!

Though it is windy. Smiler is down atm

Wicker Man no counting of people in, main queue goes straight into holding and doors to show staying open as too many people in the room so you end up hearing the video a couple of times.

Last edited:
First time i’ve experienced this fastrack / RAP same queue on Smiler, absolutely terrible just for the sake of saving money on one member of staff!

The fastrack queue was out the entrance and main queue stating 220mins yet no where near that.

Got on everything I wanted, could've done the smiler but I didn't trust it not to break down in the queue, all coasters excluding that done, a few smaller rides and the mazes. On the note of the haunted hollow, I was locked in :oops: came out the entrance by duel, headed through to mutiny Bay to find it locked off and presumably the duel entrance was also like that. 5 minute queue to jump the gate just summed operations up. Got the rides in, enjoyed the mazes but operations need sorting out for the peak days.

Have only seen a handful today. I suspect there will be a bigger presence tomorrow.

Was in few in the hotels Friday night, didn't see many on park today but they are all expected to arrive Sunday. Metal detectors in place at the entrance.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.