• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Any rumours about when Nemesis' Second train is back. Going to be hell tommorow.

I mean I'll still go but I want a ride on everything at least once.

I genuinely fear for days like tomorrow and the forthcoming Easter holidays. Operations and ride availability over even quiet midweek days such as today have been fairly dire.
Ever since the closure of baggage stores came to light it's been clear that Towers simply won't cope with busy days this year. There could be 400 people in front of you on Smiler and you'd wait an hour or more.

They really can't make their minds up can they

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Or you shouldn't just believe every cynical comment in a Facebook group!

You can see it in pieces behind the maintenance shed on the floor when you ride it on the last bend as just as you hit the brake run

Not soon then! I'd imagine they ideally want it back in time for Easter but who knows if that is possible.

:)

Not soon then! I'd imagine they ideally want it back in time for Easter but who knows if that is possible.

:)

The parts that I could see were the main metal body parts that the seats and harnesses attach to. They looked nice and clean, possibly brand new or a repaint. However I could be wrong, as the train that I was on wasn't still enough for me to get a good look.

So now Forbidden Sweep is no more and been replace with I don’t know what.

A nice gas hob on a fence o_O

AVQeEHk_d.jpg

Entertainment seems to be a big focus for this year which is nice. Even last saturday the park felt very alive with the various actors about.

Wait so is there someone manning the start of the Oblivion fast track queue line? Just that when we always go we enter the FT/SR queue and then duck under to the main queue so we don't have to walk the whole way round:p

I do that too, sometimes they'd have someone on fast track sales point just before the station and it was always funny to see if they noticed you entering the short tunnel in the fast track lane and exiting it in the regular queue.

Entertainment seems to be a big focus for this year which is nice. Even last saturday the park felt very alive with the various actors about.

Gotta give the plebs something to look at when half the rides have broken down, save them going to client services and complaining.

Wait so is there someone manning the start of the Oblivion fast track queue line? Just that when we always go we enter the FT/SR queue and then duck under to the main queue so we don't have to walk the whole way round:p

Shush, they will soon put an end to that

Last edited:
I genuinely fear for days like tomorrow and the forthcoming Easter holidays. Operations and ride availability over even quiet midweek days such as today have been fairly dire - Nemesis on 1 train with a 20 minute queue minimum all day, Rita at 20 minutes also, Wicker Man averaging about half an hour but consistently breaking down resulting in even longer wait times and The Smiler with its reduced capacity today was at an hour at one stage! Pretty poor overall and when it feels slow to get on rides even today I dread to think how it will be when it's actually busy...

Some fair points but I would say the following:

1) Nemesis being on one train isn’t cuts related and it should be back to 2 trains soon enough.

2) Wickerman will breakdown that’s nothing unusual for a new coaster and it will stabilise through the year.

3) Not sure baggage will change the capacity much on Smiler, if it hadn’t already had a cut in capacity after 2015 maybe but I doubt bag faff will lose them much time in dispatches compared to last year.

4) Every opening week people bemoan the operations. Everyone always forgets that there are a couple of thousand new staff getting to grips with things and the rides are always flakey little gits for a couple of weeks after winter maintenance.

That said I can’t see how the cuts will not have a negative impact on throughputs to some extent, particularly on Th13teen.

Some fair points but I would say the following:

1) Nemesis being on one train isn’t cuts related and it should be back to 2 trains soon enough.

2) Wickerman will breakdown that’s nothing unusual for a new coaster and it will stabilise through the year.

3) Not sure baggage will change the capacity much on Smiler, if it hadn’t already had a cut in capacity after 2015 maybe but I doubt bag faff will lose them much time in dispatches compared to last year.

4) Every opening week people bemoan the operations. Everyone always forgets that there are a couple of thousand new staff getting to grips with things and the rides are always flakey little gits for a couple of weeks after winter maintenance.

That said I can’t see how the cuts will not have a negative impact on throughputs to some extent, particularly on Th13teen.

Oh I wasn't suggesting that the cuts had anything to do with Nemesis being on one train, but the fact remains that it is on one train regardless which is impacting queues massively even on quieter days. I fully accept all your points, was just airing my genuine concerns that the queues will be very bad over the next couple of weeks or so!

The gardens 2018...
Conservatories...very well done indeed.
Big pagoda fountain not running yet, we didn't get right down to the bottom.
Stepping stones have been cleared, much better than they were, but the steep rockeries around them are in a terrible state, full of brambles and weeds.
Your name was mentioned in hushed tones BarryZola!

That second train looks like a new one being built from scratch rather than one stripped down for winter maintenance

Like I said earlier, when I saw it on Thursday, the parts laying on the floor look like brand new parts to me (or repainted).

Sorry you had pics in your post so I just looked at them rather than reading what was wrote lol

I feel sorry for anybody on park now, 3 hour queue for Wickerman, everything else is either walk on (Smiler, Enterprise) or closed.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.