• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm all for extra entertainment but really, couldn't they make the stage look any better? Literally just police tape and road signs there. Bland and generic!

Anyone know why the Rapids was unavailable today?

Winter maintenance has not yet been concluded on the Rapids. Tech services were originally working on the assumption that they did not need to be ready until May.

I'm all for extra entertainment but really, couldn't they make the stage look any better? Literally just police tape and road signs there. Bland and generic!

Maybe that fits in with whatever the show might be!? If this is for a new show then that is very surprising and very good!

:)

Hmm, Police tape and road signs point to some sort of stunt show, but i couldn't imagine Towers would do that.
Could be wrong, though!

Could anyone please recommend somewhere nice for food near the park? We are stopping in Uttoxeter so our that way would be great too. Thanks!

If by 'nice' you mean 'posh', ignore me.
But if you mean cheap and delicious I recommend 'Ramblers Retreat', a nice quirky cafe type place in the valley. You cancdrive there but its a nice long walk past the chained oak if you have the time or inclanation. The lemon meringue pie is incredible, measured in feet in height. I'm sure mine came with snow on top it was so high.

I had a fantastic time today, one of my favourite trips to Towers in years.

All the stuff that has slightly naffed me off over the last few years (shuttered food outlets, closed rides, general feeling of neglect) was just easy to ignore today. There was a superb atmosphere on the park today, and all the staff were in a brilliant mood and had some great banter with me and the missus throughout the day.

Wicker Man is an amazing ride. The pre-show is the appropriate length that it didn’t annoy after my fifth ride today, which shows they nailed the length in my opinion. The longest we queued for it today was 40 minutes, on every other occasion we were in the baggage hold within 15-20. I think it’s a far more intense ride than it appears, you get a decent amount of airtime in the back two rows. If I was nitpicking, it’d have been cool to have had a bit of ‘warmth’ in the Wicker Man itself (as opposed to huge drips of water!), but it doesn’t affect my opinion of the ride. It’s a really close second to Nemesis for me at Towers, and even then, I am not sure if that is due to purely sentimental reasons due to years of pounding that ride. On our last ride on WM (at about 15.20 I guess?), it broke down. We were in the pitch black last tunnel for a good 20 minutes with no announcement, a lot of folk were getting a bit tetchy. Didn’t bother me (and they gave us a free fast pass voucher afterwards) but I think it broke down two or three times today. Hopefully just teething issues?

Great day, great new ride, faith in Towers restored and I am excited for whatever BIG thing comes next if they are going to try and top what they have achieved with Wicker Man!

Was on park today. Despite the park being empty, the cuts can clearly be felt. I dread what it's going to be like on a busy day.

I too saw the Stage set up in Ripsaw area

Edit... pics of the ripsaw area that I took

JiWuJ3h.jpg

byiYEgu.jpg

plus after knowing Shaw all these years, here is our very first pic taken with him today

5dJKMIT.jpg

Last edited:
They couldn't have given me my pirate show :(

What kind of show do you think it will be, it looks like it will be just a load of fire twirling but the police tape suggests something more scripted!

The thing that worries me, is the location...

Excellent news! Always look forward to getting back on the Rapids at the start of the season!

:)

Just a few observation from yesterday visit. I do apologise if some have already been mentioned/discussed on here before.

Rita has a new RAP ride entrance steps fitted, so they no longer use the exit

Thirteen exit has been blocked off to allow for the baggage holding cages (same type as those in Nemesis). You now exit through the RAP entrance which has been modified with new steps adjoining the access ramp.

I've been told that they are soon getting some new ride priority passes, these are the ones that are usually given out in the event of ride break downs. The ride ops will have to write on the new ones including the date, how many in the group and which rides they are valid for. So you can only use these on the day and won't be valid for any future visit. The old ones are currently being accepted, but not sure how long for?

The Disable parking/express car park, you are now directed to a pay booth as you enter the plaza to pay. This car park was also being manned for those leaving, to ensure that you have a paid for a valid parking ticket as you leave.

Duel TLC was a great improvement, still not perfect, but definitely an improvement, it did feel like a different ride and I loved it so much, I just had to have a re-ride.

The lack of SRQ and also poor ride line up first thing in the morning was clearly felt, even on a quiet day. It just meant that we could't pace our day as usual, we just about got around the whole park despite it being a very quiet day. Take in consideration that you have to stop for lunch, Jess also had her care needs to be attended to, as well as the park is quiet a large area, a day don't seem to be enough to fit everything in now. The staff also seem even more demoralise than ever before.

The Disable parking/express car park, you are now directed to a pay booth as you enter the plaza to pay. This car park was also being manned for those leaving, to ensure that you have a paid for a valid parking ticket as you leave.

I wonder if having a carer pass still allows you access to this car park for free? It seemed a bit hit and miss in the past, sometimes you'd get charged, others not.

Plus do we still get a MAP discount?

as well as the park is quiet a large area, a day don't seem to be enough to fit everything in now.

Music to Mr Varney’s ears, why not stay overnight at our magical resort :rolleyes:

If staff are already feeling demoralised that’s not a good start to the year

The lack of SRQ and also poor ride line up first thing in the morning was clearly felt, even on a quiet day. It just meant that we could't pace our day as usual, we just about got around the whole park despite it being a very quiet day. Take in consideration that you have to stop for lunch, Jess also had her care needs to be attended to, as well as the park is quiet a large area, a day don't seem to be enough to fit everything in now. The staff also seem even more demoralise than ever before.

Apart from the last 2 hours which involved beer and a surprise opening of Wicker Man, Tuesday was shaping up to be one of the worst days at Towers I'd ever had. The first 2 hours of my day consisted of walking around trying to find things to do. The removal of SRQ's, various turned off effects around the park and boarded up kiosks everywhere made the park only feel half open.

Also the first time I've been back into CCL after scarefest and its incredible that it's been left to limp on in such a barren state, made worse by the fact Hex was closed In the Towers which made that end of the park feel abandoned. Just having Toadstool and not having that fence in front of Charlie would have improved this.

I also forgot to mention the Rita merchandise, or shall I say the lack of it!

Just an end shelf with some old cups and a few odds and ends, what dose this indicate? Did someone forget to order some, maybe they are still waiting for some new merchandise to come in or is Rita having a re-theme/removal or SBNO next season?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.