• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well Wickerman was great and let out a nice roar as it sped towards the statue, the area is nicely themed and it's great for families. Towers street looked nice too.
As for the rest of the park. I don't believe I've ever been as disappointed. Especially after seeing the state of Duel with its poorly used UV and seeing virtually all of the mechanics behind the illusions. It's way too bright and cheap for what it's supposed to be (which thankfully the British Theme park Archive have allowed us to see).
Nemesis running on one train was atrocious and many in the line were getting pretty ticked off to say the least. Terrible choice to remove the baggage hold rooms, clearly making throughput way worse. Rapids not using the waterfalls for another season was also disappointing. Galactica/Air track looks awful and hasn't been washed in ages.
It's just sad I guess. What an awful, awful state our Theme Park industry is in. Paulton's and Drayton seem to be the only major parks with the right mindset, but they are both still too small. I think at the very least Merlin needs to be broken up with assets split appropriately. Does anyone know of a forum topic about the poor state of our industry, or would I need to make my own? It's been an increasingly recurring theme on these forums.

Well Wickerman was great and let out a nice roar as it sped towards the statue, the area is nicely themed and it's great for families. Towers street looked nice too.
As for the rest of the park. I don't believe I've ever been as disappointed. Especially after seeing the state of Duel with its poorly used UV and seeing virtually all of the mechanics behind the illusions. It's way too bright and cheap for what it's supposed to be (which thankfully the British Theme park Archive have allowed us to see).
Nemesis running on one train was atrocious and many in the line were getting pretty ticked off to say the least. Terrible choice to remove the baggage hold rooms, clearly making throughput way worse. Rapids not using the waterfalls for another season was also disappointing. Galactica/Air track looks awful and hasn't been washed in ages.
It's just sad I guess. What an awful, awful state our Theme Park industry is in. Paulton's and Drayton seem to be the only major parks with the right mindset, but they are both still too small. I think at the very least Merlin needs to be broken up with assets split appropriately. Does anyone know of a forum topic about the poor state of our industry, or would I need to make my own? It's been an increasingly recurring theme on these forums.
The merlin sinking ship topic should suffice.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

@MakoMania Ah, when I said parks and problems in the industry, I was referring to theme parks rather than amusement parks, which are different ball games in my own eyes, apologies if I didn't explain that correctly. I agree with what you're saying about PB though :)

@MakoMania Ah, when I said parks and problems in the industry, I was referring to theme parks rather than amusement parks, which are different ball games in my own eyes, apologies if I didn't explain that correctly. I agree with what you're saying about PB though :)
To be fair Pleasure Beach have a bit of an identity crisis, website states it’s the UK’s Most Famous Theme Park.

28k4pxt.jpg

Well. That's it. How dare they call themselves a theme park when they clearly aren't. Terrible marketing. I will never visit again.
(I joke, it's an honest mistake anyway. We all make it sometimes :p )

Amusement park (at least in this country) gives the impression of a tacky and temporary pay per ride establishment in the middle of a field. That's my opinion at least and why I think BPB is trying to get away from that kind of terminology.

The wait for Nemesis was painful today. In what way is it acceptable to run one train on a coaster, on a bank holiday, when the park closes at 5pm?! Plus the back two rows were closed off for fastrack only. Also the staff made no effort to fill all the trains so there were lots of empty seats... Very frustrating.

On the plus side the park extended the Wicker Man closing time to 5.30 due to all the downtime. We joined the queue at 3.45 and it broke down twice for ten minutes or so but thankfully they got it going. The rain hammered down until we finally got on at around 6pm and wow... It was wild. Superb coaster.

The wait for Nemesis was painful today. In what way is it acceptable to run one train on a coaster, on a bank holiday, when the park closes at 5pm?! Plus the back two rows were closed off for fastrack only. Also the staff made no effort to fill all the trains so there were lots of empty seats... Very frustrating.

On the plus side the park extended the Wicker Man closing time to 5.30 due to all the downtime. We joined the queue at 3.45 and it broke down twice for ten minutes or so but thankfully they got it going. The rain hammered down until we finally got on at around 6pm and wow... It was wild. Superb coaster.
One train is under major works so its understandable they aren't using it.

The wait for Nemesis was painful today. In what way is it acceptable to run one train on a coaster, on a bank holiday, when the park closes at 5pm?!
In a world where only one train is available due to the lead time on required parts for the second train. Woe unto you.

First I’ve heard of them using back 2 rows for fastrack. Rap
Fastrack it usually at merge point after the bridge in the main q. Only rap use the back row.

First I’ve heard of them using back 2 rows for fastrack. Rap
Fastrack it usually at merge point after the bridge in the main q. Only rap use the back row.
They normally put ft on back 2 rows only if they are using the exit as fastrack, question is why wasn't main fastrack open.

They normally put ft on back 2 rows only if they are using the exit as fastrack, question is why wasn't main fastrack open.

Don't quote me on this but I think fastrack on Nemesis will be using the exit all season. That way they do not need a member of staff at the merge point.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.