• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The second Nemesis train is still under maintenance right? I can't believe they haven't got it ready for Easter weekend

As far as I’m aware the second train being out of action is not planned.

The rest of the naff operations though are fairly and squarely due to budget cuts. It’s good Friday and Oblivion is running on one station!

Personally I don’t think the park is that busy. Only reason the queues are so big ... cutbacks and naff ride operations.
Lordy above what’s it’s going to be like tomorrow and Sunday.
Thank goodness it’s going to snow on Monday so at least there will be an excuse for nothing opening

I’ll be there tomorrow. Luckily I’ve got a fastrack left over from last weekend for wicker man if it opens (I didn’t buy it!). I’m bringing a friend who has never been to the park so it’d be a shame if they don’t get on all of the main attractions but it seems the park just isn’t operating as it should be for such a busy period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on park and it doesn't seem too bad really, it's Bank Holiday, if there wasn't queues i'd be worried. Everyone seems so pessimistic lately. Yes theres been cuts, yes it could be better but you have to make the best of the situation (cue backlash)

The problem isn't that there's queues, it's that they've built rides that can't cope with the number of guests, while removing flat/filler rides to absorbs guests, and the baggage holds that improve throughput, while reducing operating hours so much that it's basically impossible to get everything done in one visit now.

I agree with the filler rides, it's shocking how for example in my family my mum (who doesn't like rollercoasters) can only ride duel, hex and the rapids.

The park seriously needs to invest in some flats and CCL is just embarrassing to look at..

Hopefully these cuts lead to a good flat ride in the future (but I doubt it).

The problem isn't that there's queues, it's that they've built rides that can't cope with the number of guests, while removing flat/filler rides to absorbs guests, and the baggage holds that improve throughput, while reducing operating hours so much that it's basically impossible to get everything done in one visit now.

On a busy-ish day, if you have 60 minute queues (give or take), factor in the odd ride breakdown, having lunch, walking between rides, its totally feasible that you may only manage 5 rides a visit. I realise that to season pass holders this isn't the end of the world as they're likely to return before long and probably on a quieter day, and also that many will use half price vouchers to get in, but for anyone paying full price, that is over a tenner a ride. Add to this food, petrol, etc and its an expensive and frustrating day out.

I agree with the filler rides, it's shocking how for example in my family my mum (who doesn't like rollercoasters) can only ride duel, hex and the rapids.

The park seriously needs to invest in some flats and CCL is just embarrassing to look at..

Hopefully these cuts lead to a good flat ride in the future (but I doubt it).

Yes, the void at the park in terms of filler / family rides is really noticeable, it really is not set up for those who are too old for Cbeebies but too young for the more high octane coaster thrills. On my recent visit the rapids were shut, I was bored less than a minute into Duel and I won't do Hex again as I was dragged on not knowing what it entailed (bar stewards!) and am not a fan of rotating room nonsense.

It really is a shame there are not more filler rides, all it takes is for a coaster or two to be shut and the knock on effect is huge

I'm on park and it doesn't seem too bad really, it's Bank Holiday, if there wasn't queues i'd be worried. Everyone seems so pessimistic lately. Yes theres been cuts, yes it could be better but you have to make the best of the situation (cue backlash)
That's the spirit!

Try telling that to a family of 4 who have paid over 200 quid to get in.
It could be better. Chin up old chap. Stiff upper lip n all that. Here a ticket to come back and be disappointed all over again :rolleyes:

Is there any news on what compo people are actually getting? I see on Twitter they are saying no refunds but sending people to Box Office.

I've never known so many bad reviews and complaints go in like this before. And in a SW year of all years too. I think this could be a pivotal year for AT and Merlin.

This park can't operate like this much longer or hardly anyone will go back.

Such a sad state of affairs but hopefully someone can come in and rescue the place.

Operations were indeed shocking today. It wasn’t a quiet day, but it would be a stretch to consider it busy. Nevertheless, a 25min wait for The Smiler just after 10am turned into 1 1/2 hours, followed by standing in the baggage room of Wicker Man (after using last weeks fastpass) for 40 mins only to have the queue evac’d and receive the fastpass back.

Oblivion was on single load all day, and saying 30min wait was rather generous.

Nemesis being on the one train was expected to be slow, however there was absolutely no sense of urgency during onload, and trains were dispatched on average once every 5 mins.

Rapids was similarly terrible, with boats often loaded with just 2 or 3 people and a whole load of dead time between boats arriving to the station. To reduce the capacity on a ride like this makes absolutely no sense.

Generally, operations in the park are neglected. Merlin are really stretching their ethos of ‘guests expect queues’ to the max. On a day like today there should really be no excuse to only have managed 4 rides by 3pm. It’s not the individuals fault, however there seems to be no intention for management to motivate station staff to be efficient anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are getting an absolute battering on Social Media.

I know they need to make cutbacks etc but surely what they're doing is like putting a plaster on a big gaping hole in someone's leg. It's not going to be good enough ultimately.

Had Wickerman opened with little to no issues they may have scrapped by but the fact it hasn't so far has only emphasised how desperate the rest of the park is becoming. They can't even run two trains on their standout coaster for heaven sakes. Talk about not being prepared.

I know people like to blame big bad Merlin for everything that happens but makes me wonder how much of these issues is actually down to on site management?

Plaza shambles surely is down to poor planning by the admissions team? Not having enough turnstiles open and the issue of not accepting passes (now allowed)

Having the newest ride on ERT but more often than not it doesn’t open for ERT.

No one wants Towers to be in this situation but they haven’t exactly helped things either. :confused:

I know people like to blame big bad Merlin for everything that happens but makes me wonder how much of these issues is actually down to on site management?

Plaza shambles surely is down to poor planning by the admissions team? Not having enough turnstiles open and the issue of not accepting passes (now allowed)

Having the newest ride on ERT but more often than not it doesn’t open for ERT.

No one wants Towers to be in this situation but they haven’t exactly helped things either. :confused:

Mistakes have been made all over the place. I agree that budgets make things very tough but that plaza has had zero control or organisation about it. The operations management team clearly not fit for purpose at all.

I do feel for them though with how they are having to cut everything. It's like a lose lose for them.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.