• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Starbucks have been rumoured to tell their staff to misspell names on purpose so that more cups end up on social media. They spelt Paul...Porl #Lolz etc...

Surely that's what AT are doing here, right?! :eek:

From TowersStreet Twitter page. "You're"

wU9x6Ko.jpg
They can't spell Nemesis correctly either, in RCR o_O

How tall is the frog hopper in metres?
7.1m (23.5ft).

Starbucks have been rumoured to tell their staff to misspell names on purpose so that more cups end up on social media. They spelt Paul...Porl #Lolz etc...

Surely that's what AT are doing here, right?! :eek:
Explains how they
*Repeatedly spelt my name wrong in my email address ([email protected] instead of [email protected])
*Put an extra s the end of my name on one of my bricks
*sent me a certificate for some strangers brick instead

But luckily they are giving me 2 free single shot fastracks...

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

You might want to remove everything after the @ if you value your privacy, although those email addresses have probably already been scraped by some bot somewhere.

Does anyone know anything about them removing AP discount from all wickerman merch?
I brought a wickerman pin badge from the ATH shop and was denied the discount but the more I think about it, the more it seems like I got scammed by some crooked staff.

For example,
I brought some WM chocolate and the silver pin badge (with the cow skull on) 2-3 weeks ago from the ride's shop and got the discount then, but when I entered the ATH shop yesterday and got the normal pin badge, I was told that you can't get the discount on WM stuff.
What gets me, is that as I entered the shop, the staff member was on the shops phone and while I didn't pay attention to what was being said, I kept hearing him mention WM, I thought nothing of it at the time but upon reflection, it seems a bit strange.

Think about it, he could have only been talking about 1 of 2 things-
1-he could have been talking about the ride itself (which, as a shopkeeper, he had no business doing)
Or
2 - he could have been talking about the discount, but I can't fathom why they would randomly decide to disallow AP discount and inform the staff about this 2-3 hours into the day.

My mom also wanted me to point out that the shopkeeper asked if i wanted a receipt instead of just giving me one but I question how relevant that really is...

What do you think?

It was on a cold autumn night in 1821
When the thunder of hooves
Signaled the return of the bad grammar
Back at its home at Alton Towers
etc etc etc....

Their website is pretty bad in places too. An example that has been there for ages is on the Need to Know / Directions page. It advises... "Please drive with care when you’re in the area, as there are many walkers, cyclists and horse riders, and the roads can be very thin in places." Thin roads? That's a new one for me.

The Disabled Guest access guide has clearly been cobbled together by someone in Word (with the spell-check not working) as there are more than a few typos in it. It's also quite tasteless that they advise for some rides "Leg amputations or missing limbs must not be above the knee" - would of thought they wanted to keep quiet about amputated legs.

And the bit that really did make me laugh (again from the Disabled Guest guide) is the bit about special dietary requirements in the hotels... "The Hotel restaurants serve a wide range of top quality cuisine"... someone is having a good laugh there.

You generally can't get the AP discount on items that are already on a promotion, but for standard merch... sounds odd to me

From the MAP website T&C's on the retail discount;
  • This offer excludes cigarettes, gift vouchers, stamps, top-ups, tickets/passes, items that have already been discounted and selected special lines.
So it all depends if Alton Towers are treating Wicker Man merchandise as a "selected special line". If they are it reeks of penny-pinching (well it is Merlin!) as ride merch for a new ride will always fly off the shelves if it is decent stuff and what I have seen of WM merchandise on the internet is it's been very well done (like the theming of the ride).

I’ve Only brought one each of the WM pins and the small grumpy WM teddy bear. Got my map discout on them.

In the past I’ve managed to get discount on already discounted items if at least one thing in the lot I buy is a full price item. Then they usually discount the hole lot

I received discount in the Wicker Man shop and Towers Trading on Wicker Man merchandise.

Potentially to do with issues of the till system at the ATH shop not allowing AP discount at all at the time?

Asking if people want their receipt is standard practice these days at most Merlin outlets. So that's nothing odd.

If you have got your receipt, might be worth contacting Towers and asking for more details. At the very least, it gives you peace of mind either way.

When I went a couple of weeks ago a shop staff member said that the WM merch is exempt from offers as it is so new.

This is strange... I got MAP discount on all the WM merch apart from the Monopoly when I went on 24th March.

Same, I tend to find most members of the general public know more about AP benefits than staff.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.