• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Nice to see they are coping off peak weekends.
Judgement reserved until Spring Bank weekend.
Like BPB, will avoid like the plague at peak times...No ability to cope with the big numbers.
Still not returning with a purchased ticket this year due to no srq's.

This is a good quote from that article (my bold):
Gary Garland, president of the Valuation Tribunal Service, said that although fewer people were visiting the park it was not known to what extent this was a result of changing attitude to thrill rides or the weather, better alternatives, pricing or a possible lack of confidence in the park’s owners.
Basically, maybe there are less visitors due to the overall experience being poorer rather than the Smiler incident

31655653_1893256090744826_3475861627574681600_n.jpg

You know things are bad when they can't even get Leek Signs in to create signs.

via TowersStreet Facebook page

Had a lovely day at the park! It was very quiet indeed!!!
Positives: the projection room on the smiler looked the best it has in a while, all the projectors on, no flood lights on!!! And the ride wasn't that rough!
Wicker Man was top notch, although my first ride today, the ride opp entered the preshow room and put the main lights. This was annoying!
Duel is getting there.
Lovely member of staff in the Wicker Man shop (older lady).

Negatives: TLC in places were bad, Th13teens sheets in the queue line had been torn, the smiler logo onto of Oblivion food shop is in pieces.

Very enjoyable day today at Alton Towers with minimal queues and 7 walk on rides on Wickerman.

Just a shame Hex was closed today, does anyone know why it might have been closed all day?

What sort of unacceptable abomination is that sign? It's offensive enough by creating a tacky display for it, but considering they had to redo some of the first brick batch due to typos and now this? Seriously? Second only to Disney and that's the grammar that's driveling out with a blatant disregard for proof reading or care.

Not the first grammatical mistake I've seen on signage at the ATR. They really need someone who understands English to proof read them before spending money :rolleyes:

I also find the upper casing of every word offensive but that's just me...

I think Alton Towers get year 1 and 2 school kids in on work experience to do the text for their signs!

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.