• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's celebrating some wedding that happens to be on that day...

Thorpe likely have more operating budget to throw at that sort of thing though...

I also want to mention I am super happy with Ops today. Quality has been awesome. Effects back up on Smiler and Wicker Man. Queues short. Better than both times I've been this year.

They've added a flashing strobe light in the building and I noticed some new lighting. The water sprayers, light and TVs were on on the ride itself. Wall have been painted inside The Smiler and new lighting too.

As for Wicker Man fire shoulders is back, that might have been mentioned before. Actors are back roaming outside.

Also little things I've noticed like lights on Nemesis station.

Positive news about the updates, especially on The Smiler.

However, it still does not compensate for the systemic deterioration in guest experience in 2018 compared to 2017. Removal of SRQ, shambolic ride opening times, excessive downtime, destruction of throughput particularly on Th13teen and poor crowd control at the entrance and at Galactica have been the final straw for me after a decade of visiting at least 10 times a year.

At the moment, that is what I'll be doing @MakoMania. We have a trip booked for Scarefest, and that is it at the moment. We also have tickets, which were given to us for free by Towers (I don't know why, we'd actually had a brilliant day at the park, but it's not like we were gonna refuse them!), which we will use in the summer to see if things have improved by then.

Glad to hear about the improvements to The Smiler. Now just sort out the queue, a good jetwash can't cost too much surely? Ideally I would rip up the entire queue and start again, as well as finish off the theming on the Marmaliser but I know that won't happen under Merlin.

I'd like to echo an earlier posters comments. MUCH better. Even the Tesla Coil was working on Thirteen.

Rides much more reliable, everything seemed to on all day, Wickerman seems to be in it's groove now. Minor downtime on Thirteen but quickly rectified.

Smiler's effects were on too.

I hope Alton Towers' staff are reading this, a big improvement.

Oh, and even the entrance plaza queue wasn't too bad at all, no more than a ten minute queue.

Yup. Honestly the best day of the season so far for me. As I said ops were really good too. Didn't wait more than 1 hour for anything including Wicker Man. Plaza was fine too.

Smiler Queue needs a bit of a do-over I agree. It seemed to be relatively clean today compared to older days.

Out of all of Mako's criticisms earlier, many of which are valid, I found only a few of them applied to today.

Really happy with today. Was it as good as 2014 and earlier? Probably not. But an improvement to the last month of 2018.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.