• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Was running full trains all day Thursday too. Although towards the end of the day it stay having some problems with a train stopped on the lift hill for a while. Seems to be the same issue today from what I'm reading....

Yeah the issue with Wickerman is the trains were overshooting their position. They were limited to 16 people on two of the trains and didn't even bother loading one of the trains which was having more of an issue.

I really hope they get nem on two trains pretty fast, it sucks so much that they can't unload/load people whilst a train is going round the tracks.

I think alot of the ride issues just came from the cold weather and issues with running rollercoasters in the cold, also the fact that like people have said its the start of the season so people are learning things, also a heightned on the saftey of the rides due to the smiler acident.

Throughout the day every single thrill ride experienced problems and temp stoppages, there was even a point where they sent every boat on the river rapids round empty for some reason.

Having said that I had such an amazing day today. Riding Wicker Man in the dark was one of the best experiences I've had at alton towers, the ride is incredibly fast and really an incredible ride, I got to ride it twice today and it definatley exceded my expectations.

If you look at it it's been breaking down for short periods all week. It broke down at least three times on Tuesday in just 3 hours of operation. Again, exactly the same situation, it would test with 2 staff on the front and 2 on the back with some empty trains being sent. Today would be the first time it's had to work continuously with 3 trains for over 7 hours I would imagine, although I could be wrong.

That's impossible. The baggage hold didn't hold up despatches of trains at all. Even if you argue the cage system effect is negligible, it's impossible for it to actually improve throughput.
The other member of my family said that because they (The Smiler staff) didn't hold us before the baggage hold anymore, the queue time was shorter. I have yet to see how Thirteen has been affected by cages, however.

A new ride breaking down? Well I never thought I'd see such an unique situation at Towers...

Dread to think what the outcry would be should Icon have to shut down when it opens...

To be fair you’re lucky if you queue less then 90 minutes to buy a ticket to get in so I wouldn’t worry
Talk about "p*ssing your customers off before they even get in to sample the new product [that will doubtless be breaking down on a regular basis]".

Didn't Towers claim there would be enough new ticket windows / admission kiosks when they demolished the old ones? I can never remember stupid queues to buy a ticket with the old admissions kiosks. Next Sunday is going to be pure carnage unless they fix the admissions queue problem & Wicker Man.

Talk about "p*ssing your customers off before they even get in to sample the new product [that will doubtless be breaking down on a regular basis]".

Didn't Towers claim there would be enough new ticket windows / admission kiosks when they demolished the old ones? I can never remember stupid queues to buy a ticket with the old admissions kiosks. Next Sunday is going to be pure carnage unless they fix the admissions queue problem & Wicker Man.

They have the same number of windows that they had with the old kiosks.... doesn’t mean the have to staff them all I suppose.

You can certainly see the budget cuts really hitting, things will improve a little as there was the usual beginning of season inefficiencies but what else can we expect when Varney keeps slashing the budget.

They are probably all queuing outside the Wicker Man waiting for it to open. Looks like a lot of rides were not open on time with some still unavailable.
We've had this all week, on top of already later scheduled ride openings. Whereas the park used to open fully at 10 (aside from water rides) we're now looking at 11-12. With 4pm closures during the week, that's absurd. There has been very little to do between 9:30 and 11, with everything crammed into 12-4 including lunch.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.