• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Sat eating my chicken wrap in the Welcome inn down at the bottom end.
Noticed there’s a table been pushed into the corner and benches put on top ...
what are they trying to hide ..
pH8rNv5_d.jpg

Yes. Fungus. Big big fungus growing out of the walls o_O

Oh my god, really!?!? They'd rather go to all that effort to hide it from guests and try to forget about the problem than get rid of it properly... bloody hell Towers.

Oh my god, really!?!? They'd rather go to all that effort to hide it from guests and try to forget about the problem than get rid of it properly... bloody hell Towers.
The question is when did AT notice it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Probably when the guy fighting security pointed it out to them, perhaps that was his problem, maybe he though the security guard was a giant pink unicorn trying to eat him, as a side effect of fungus exposure.

Glad I have no intention of returning to Towers until next year, hopefully by then they'll have sorted all this out.

The question is when did AT notice it.

Well exactly. I'd have hoped they'd have noticed it before it got this bad. But then again, I'd have thought they'd have got rid of it by now if they had noticed it earlier, so maybe not! Ugh. :eek:

So it's day 2, and me and about 150 others are stood in the queue waiting for runaway mine train to open. Rapids has about 70 people outside the gate. Seriously, it's July, weekend, extremely busy and yet we still have these ridiculous staggered openings. Even the shops in the area are closed so we can't get a drink while we queue. Grrrrr
I was in that queue too, absolutely ridiculous! Wickerman was late opening so you move on to the next attraction like you are asked to only to find it doesn't open until 11am . I know I keep going on but that didn't happen at Blackpool last week ;-) neither did they close on a summer weekend at 5:30 I mean I just couldn't believe it!

The way I see it, this free available sun screen is basically them saying "You will be standing in queues, take it."

The free available water is an alternative to the rapids, quick splash, done, next ride.

The thing is, this kind of filth is pretty common in some areas of the park.

Alton Towers is generally a fairly unclean place when you look in corners.
When I filled my quencher bottle up on my last visit the girl serving had a severe flaking skin condition on her arms. I know it’s nothing she could help and I’m not sure of the hygiene laws, but as the unit also served food I’d have thought this would be a big no no or at least made to wear long sleeves.

Fist time at the park this year, whilst I like how they have got rid of the bag stores from Thirteen and smiler, the 11 am coaster openings is a joke! The cuts seem more noticeable then ever this year.

How can you criticise the park for adding suncream dispensers and fountains? The cost is trivial compared to getting rides running but will help many people if they forget to take water/suncream with them

I think the issues is one of priorities.

You wouldn't expect your local fuel station to boast about a resurfaced forecourt when none of the pumps work for any length of time....

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.