• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think the media has already got dibs on that name shortly after the Smiler crash :p

Here are some nice photos of the lift hill taken from Paul J FB page

Zu3pKEL.jpg

xrFd8ue.jpg

The shape of the lift hill is very strange wonder why they have done this?

It is at it's original angle to be able to get over the brake run, then it changes because if it carried on at that angle it would get to it's maximum height too far away from the turn around. Either that or there is a launch on it and the shallower gradient means less power needed for more speed. Although seeing as we have seen evidence that a normal chain lift mechanism will be used that is probably unlikely.

It is at it's original angle to be able to get over the brake run, then it changes because if it carried on at that angle it would get to it's maximum height too far away from the turn around. Either that or there is a launch on it and the shallower gradient means less power needed for more speed. Although seeing as we have seen evidence that a normal chain lift mechanism will be used that is probably unlikely.
And there's no banking on the turnaround. Don't think I would like being launched into that

Maybe that's the world first part, the world's first coaster that you'll never experience because you'll pass out before the turnaround?

I don't actually think there will be a launch but the lack of banking at the top doesn't necessarily rule out a launch as the train could have slowed down again by that point.

The lack of steepness could be to accommodate theming... ...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

could it be something to do with creating gaps in between the layout. (for buildings/theming ect) Or even just to satisfy some weird rule on the planning application?

The lift hill is an unusual profile but there is good reasoning behind it. It needs to be steep initially to reach a height whereby it can pass over the break run. It then needs a shallower gradient to reach the required height at the top of the site; any steeper and the coaster would be too tall.

:)

The park will be called Alton Terrors before long

But I think it's just because dark theming lends itself so well to the estate. The Towers in their gothic nature are simply set up for this kind of theme. Plus you can escape to CBeebies if you're feeling a little too spooked. I hear Postman Pat is the perfect come down. :rolleyes:

Hi,

I'm not sure of this sort of thing has been posted before, but it doesn't look like it, so here goes...

After looking at the 'random' symbols from the SW8 site and the new signage around the construction site today, I've pulled together a rough guide to the alphabet we've gotten so far. We can be fairly certain now that the symbols on the site say 'Be Chosen' and 'Chosen'.

Could 'chosen' be the name of the ride?

Here's the images which might clear it up a bit:

Hi,

I'm not sure of this sort of thing has been posted before, but it doesn't look like it, so here goes...

After looking at the 'random' symbols from the SW8 site and the new signage around the construction site today, I've pulled together a rough guide to the alphabet we've gotten so far. We can be fairly certain now that the symbols on the site say 'Be Chosen' and 'Chosen'.

Could 'chosen' be the name of the ride?

Here's the images which might clear it up a bit:

Good work, I think you are definitely onto something there!

:)

The 'Be chosen' very much reminds me of 'Ride the Demon of the Dark Forest' and 'Surrender in 2010' I hope 'Chosen' isn't the name, it'll be cool if it was something more abstract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone.
I personally think that SW8 will be a great investment for the park. I would also like to offer some of my personal thoughts about what the ride could be like and what the recent marketing could mean.

Firstly, I think that "Be Chosen" will definitely feature in some of the ride's later marketing. It could also function as a tagline for the ride, like how Oblivion has "Don't Look Down" and Thirteen has "Don't Go Alone". If this is the ride's slogan, then it fuels the Wicker Man rumours even more, as the plot of the Wicker Man apparently involves being chosen.

Secondly, I'm not too sure which themed area Merlin will integrate the ride into. I'm getting Katanga Canyon VIBES from the marketing, but the park map says Gloomy Wood. It's all so confusing :confused:! I'm also not too sure what the ride's USP will be. Every major Merlin attraction seems to have one, but I can't see anything from what info we currently have.

I would be interested to see what you guys think of my theories.

P.S. Sorry for the long post. I'm just so excited because this is the first major UK Merlin development that I've followed fully! (Well, I followed DBGT as well, if that counts.)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.