• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
:eek: it just fully sunk in, they are installing flood lights and those awful haunted hollow tarmac post things, on SW8!

Oh god...

:eek: it just fully sunk in, they are installing flood lights and those awful haunted hollow tarmac post things, on SW8!

Oh god...

could be worse, better than having these temporally installed ;)

image.php%3Fid=362&width=175

Just you wait there will be the big tall car park lights inside each helix like x sector and air (sorry galactica) has.

So that would mean the small lights would be redundant, the amount of light

Hello guys, long time reader here, first time poster!

Went cinema yesterday and noticed a few things about an upcoming film trailer, called 'The Ritual', here is the link to it:

There seems to be many links to SW8 and The Welcoming, a few i have noticed here,

The wickerman type thing here

8bba87d03ccb06c40433791386ab03f3.png

These very familiar looking symbols (sorry screenshot not great)

ea356ea8220eaf43a461d40df46a3616.png

Finally, bit of a wild shot this one, but the horns on the theming structure maybe?

491fd8bdd5b0f286ff1a06dac0951e0a.png

Links to The Welcoming are also there with the fact that there are rituals in a woods that involve mysterious people and worshipping animals, in the trailer we saw the bear and the weird human-looking thing towards the end.

To be honest, I don't think there is any link, however it is interesting. Sorry if it has been mentioned before although I don't think it has!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Delta79...
You've heard the "Comet in the shape of a Dancing Moose" rumour as well then have you.
I heard it from a very good source on the ride staff.
Weren't you told to keep it a close secret as well though?

I would normally write off that new film as god messing with us but in all honesty, how many movies are pagan themed...just saying.

Also...
OMGTHENIGHTMARESCENARIOHASHAPPENEDITSANIPAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This clearly is not going to be a thrill machine on the scale of Cedar Points new hybrid woody, but to so many people everything is either brilliant or crap.

This forum demonstrates far more intelligence than most. I've seem some incredible negativity elsewhere.

A family thrill ride can still be a great ride, albeit for different reasons to the biggest, highest, fastest, longest, most intense, etc.

AT know this has to deliver to get the gate back up. I think it is going to.

I love a proper, intense, terriffiyng coaster with the best of them, but it is not the only way.

Theme Park God John Wardley himself said "scaring people is easy... entertaining people is hard". The more I see of SW8 the more I think it will deliver on the entertainment front.

Fun is underrated amongst adrenaline junkies.

I've always thought that same way, if a coaster doesn't really deliver anything in terms of experience i'm usually not as interested. i still find myself liking heavily themed mid tier coasters more than non-themed thrill coasters purely because there's more of an experience to be had. Maybe I just value theming a little too much haha

I don't think the sentiment is wanting the biggest most intense ride ever, but a family thrill ride can also be interesting and a decent length. This looks neither of those things and is therefore is seen by many as a bit of a wasted opportunity. They are starting with a blank sheet, they could do anything, and they do this, it shows a lack of imagination or drive to create something exceptional.

That's in terms of the actual ride layout, obviously. They may well be doing something spectacular thematically, and that'd be great, but it doesn't seem like a lot to ask for that to be tacked on to what amounts to an actually decent coster.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.