• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
While I was waiting for the actual Episode 2 to come out (well, I still am!:oops:), I thought about what the pre-show could be like. I was thinking; will it be an actual pre-show or a Smiler-esque indoor cattle pen with projections? If it were an actual pre-show, I was thinking we could see something like Terminator/Apocalypse at Six Flags Magic Mountain: another GCI woodie. Here is a video of the pre-show when the ride was known as Terminator:

What do you guys think the pre-show could hold?

While I was waiting for the actual Episode 2 to come out (well, I still am!:oops:), I thought about what the pre-show could be like. I was thinking; will it be an actual pre-show or a Smiler-esque indoor cattle pen with projections? If it were an actual pre-show, I was thinking we could see something like Terminator/Apocalypse at Six Flags Magic Mountain: another GCI woodie. Here is a video of the pre-show when the ride was known as Terminator:

What do you guys think the pre-show could hold?

I was giving this some thought a while ago too. While we can all hope for something along the lines of Baron 1898 in terms of pre-show, I don’t think Merlin has ever done something on that scale so we can probably cross that off the list. Perhaps we’ll get a more environmental pre-show relying on various artifacts and such in the queue rather than videos or animatronics. It would be a bit out of place to see tv screens everywhere in a ride themed around technology hating earth huggers.

They could easily pull off a TV screen by theming it as a window or something.

The question is, will there even be a
pre-show, or is it just going to be a cattle pen and 15 lawyers worth wording loop holes?

Did they not refer to the Smiler's projection room as a pre-show, or am I misremembering it?

Edit (this is why I say preshow instead of pre-show here...and I'm lazy) vvv

I just saw that preshow...wow, it looks amazing, I hope to god, that merlin don't build a preshow like that!
It will only last a week!

EDIT:

Soooooo, I'm back for round 2 with the awful SW8 marketing an...was...WAS THAT THE MUSIC FOR SW8?
THAT?
:eek:
THAT??

...THAT...Better not be the music for SW8!

now...when they finally drum up the balls to come face me with the actual video for round 2...I'll grill em...

Maybe its just me, but do you think the reason for the delay on part 2, might be due to them wanting to pull out of the series?
Potentially, out of embarrassment?

Last edited by a moderator:
They could easily pull off a TV screen by theming it as a window or something.

The question is, will there even be a
pre-show, or is it just going to be a cattle pen and 15 lawyers worth wording loop holes?

Did they not refer to the Smiler's projection room as a pre-show, or am I misremembering it?

Edit (this is why I say preshow instead of pre-show here...and I'm lazy) vvv

I just saw that preshow...wow, it looks amazing, I hope to god, that merlin don't build a preshow like that!
It will only last a week!

EDIT:

Soooooo, I'm back for round 2 with the awful SW8 marketing an...was...WAS THAT THE MUSIC FOR SW8?
THAT?
:eek:
THAT??

...THAT...Better not be the music for SW8!

now...when they finally drum up the balls to come face me with the actual video for round 2...I'll grill em...

Maybe its just me, but do you think the reason for the delay on part 2, might be due to them wanting to pull out of the series?
Potentially, out of embarrassment?

No. I'd imagine what they have released was there plan all along. It is a pity as I was looking forward to a marketing campaing whereby they might actually have shown off more of what's going on but alas the marketing department seem dead against this so it is up to fan sites to carry out this marketing for them!

As for a pre-show, yes there will be one. It will be interesting to see how it turns out; I don't think they classed The Smiler's projection room as a pre-show and am also confident that they have learnt a lot of lessons from The Smiler.

I've also merged your two posts together, you can always edit your post if you have more to add!

:)

Correction, Derren Brown's Ghost Train.

And Zufari has a Pre-Show?! I just walked though a room with a projector and a holding point for guests.

When it first opened you would take a seat in the room, watch a pre-show, chat with the animated monkey and then go on to the ride, where the host of the pre-show (Chase Van Driver) would be on the radio. They changed it so the queue snaked through the show instead and then people paid even less attention to the animated monkey trying to chat, so I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped trying altogether. Which is a shame as a decent pre-show really helps set the tone of a ride (although Disney might be over-reliant on them!).

Right, I was at Towers yesterday and this is what I've got of SW8. Seeing as I have posted other of my SW8 construction photos else where, I think I'll share them here this time.

WP_20171023_12_41_47_Rich1.jpg

WP_20171023_12_44_37_Rich1.jpg

WP_20171023_13_42_28_Rich1.jpg

WP_20171023_12_44_51_Rich1.jpg

WP_20171023_14_34_45_Rich1.jpg

WP_20171023_14_35_07_Rich1.jpg

There were about four people working on this bit of track. Also one of them waved at me. :)

WP_20171023_16_12_11_Rich1.jpg

WP_20171023_16_12_05_Rich1.jpg

Nice to see the queue line has gone in.

WP_20171023_16_12_15_Rich1.jpg

WP_20171023_14_52_05_Rich1.jpg

These ducks seem to can't find The Flume. I wonder why. :p

I think it is worth mentioning the scale of the theming structure, You can see it on Heave Ho and over in X-Sector, this thing will dominate the park's skyline.

I don't know how people can be complaining about how this thing looks tbh. Every time I see the damn thing I'm just impressed with how great it looks. I couldn't care less about height or inversions or speed right now, i'm too busy enjoying the fantastic photos that people keep posting of this thing. Thanks for the pics @Balb0wa

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.