• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
On a slightly unrelated note, looks like not ALL of The Flume was demolished.

flumetunnel.jpg

I get the feeling that's a bit they couldn't get rid of for some reason. Might be in the 'deer park', but I'm unsure.

Yeah I saw that when I was walking along the new path last season! If you can see it from the queue line, then it will certainly provide a daunting reminder of what was once there!

Na, doesn't look like the big concrete support. This does actually look like a bit of tunnel, hidden from sight at ground level by trees. Could be wrong though.

Just seen the footage of it testing (via the reaction video) and to be honest it is not the greatest video. Having said that it does look extremely slow in a couple of places which is a shame but not surprising; the unbanked turnaround was never going to be taken at great speed, otherwise there would have been banking!

I'm not making a judgement now though, it is far too early and they are no doubt playing with wheel compounds and whatnot. I first rode Wodan in April 2012, there is no comparision of how it rode then to how it rides today. The speed increase is significant.

However fast or slow Wicker Man is, it will be running better come the end of the season than it does on opening day.

:)

They've clearly had to edit the vid a few times too (on behalf of AT) so the effects are going to be in several places which is good to know.

They've clearly had to edit the vid a few times too (on behalf of AT) so the effects are going to be in several places which is good to know.

The video wasn’t edited due to effects, they won’t have been running. The effects will take place as you pass the Wicker Man, those sections are clearly shown in the video!

The original video’s description stated it was edited due to the filming taking place on three separate tests on separate circles of the area. Which were then pieced together!

The video wasn’t edited due to effects, they won’t have been running. The effects will take place as you pass the Wicker Man, those sections are clearly shown in the video!

The original video’s description stated it was edited due to the filming taking place on three separate tests on separate circles of the area. Which were then pieced together!

Fair enough. That makes sense I guess.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.