• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I have not seen the Wickerman version of seabrooks crisps yet.

I think the wickerman element should be nicked named Alan.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Bit of a random first post on this forum, but regarding the Pringles sponsorship, I have seen some Pringles products with Wickerman and Alton Towers advertisements. However, I don't know if this deal includes the exclusive selling of Pringles at that park or it's purely for advertisement.

Bit of a random first post on this forum, but regarding the Pringles sponsorship, I have seen some Pringles products with Wickerman and Alton Towers advertisements. However, I don't know if this deal includes the exclusive selling of Pringles at that park or it's purely for advertisement.
I suspect it's covered under Merlin's existing deals with Kellogg's.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

For anyone interested, I received this message from AT earlier, in regards to Services Day this weekend:

'Hi Samuel, our Theme Park will be open from 10am until 5pm. We do anticipate a full ride line up, however Wicker Man does not currently have an opening date. We’re aware of changing weather conditions this week, with a forecast of snow towards the end of the week. At present it is still our intention for the Theme Park event to run as planned, however due to the rural location of Alton Towers Resort and of course ride availability being dependent on temperatures, we will continue to monitor and review the weather throughout the week.'

For anyone interested, I received this message from AT earlier, in regards to Services Day this weekend:

'Hi Samuel, our Theme Park will be open from 10am until 5pm. We do anticipate a full ride line up, however Wicker Man does not currently have an opening date. We’re aware of changing weather conditions this week, with a forecast of snow towards the end of the week. At present it is still our intention for the Theme Park event to run as planned, however due to the rural location of Alton Towers Resort and of course ride availability being dependent on temperatures, we will continue to monitor and review the weather throughout the week.'
And now it's been postponed!

And now it's been postponed!

https://support.altontowers.com/hc/...32-Services-Day-Weekend-Important-Information

Unfortunately, the extremely cold temperatures this week have affected our ability to offer guests our full theme park experience. So after careful consideration, and in consultation with the Met Office and Blue Light Card, we’ve taken the difficult decision to postpone the ‘Services Day’ event until Sunday, 11th March. Our Waterpark and Hotels will still be open this weekend, offering a great family escape and a full programme of entertainment.

We always want our guests to enjoy a fantastic time here at the Towers, and so would like to offer everyone who was booked to visit or stay this weekend the option to return on Sunday 11th March or, if that date isn’t possible, at another point during the 2018 season when we can be sure to offer them the full ‘Alton Towers’ experience.

Regarding the ride line up for this year Towers Twitter have just responded to my question regarding Sub-Terra. For the avoidance of doubt it will not be available ‘this year’ so no question of an appearance at fright nights I guess.

What a waste of money

The forecasts over the next 3 days are dire in Staffordshire.

They will be unable to get the park ready. For example, some projects are still not completely finished. Maintenance is being finalised on one or two rides. Staff training will not be able to take place.

It is no wonder the park is closed this weekend.

The forecasts over the next 3 days are dire in Staffordshire.

They will be unable to get the park ready. For example, some projects are still not completely finished. Maintenance is being finalised on one or two rides. Staff training will not be able to take place.

It is no wonder the park is closed this weekend.
Does this mean it might not be open on the 17th? Sorry to sound paranoid, but I would preferably like it to be open for the 18th. I know that snow can't be helped, and the park cannot operate stuff in the snow, but I'm hoping the storm clears by 17th March.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.