• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Different feel totally, there is a lot of freedoms on gci coasters I have been on. The millennium flyer trains I've been on are very good.
A woodie track if done well really gives the ride a less controlled sensation.

What are the chances of some people cracking on with this over the next closed four days?

Not too likely but a potential maybe...
Eager to see some updates throughout the closed season.

Given how close The Flume is to Haunted Hollow and some of the Skyrides supports I wonder whether that is one reason why we have seen no movement.

For The Flume to be removed safely and the woodland to be protected they would end up having to close Haunted Hollow and the Skyride, which would cause a lot of issues with guests during the busy end of season events.

I suspect if they intend to open this in 2018, closed season will concentrate on the removal of The Flume. Then 2017 will move on to the important bit of constructing SW8 which will mainly be on the current Flume lake.

I could be wrong of course, but just an idea to throw out there.

It certainly makes sense, James, and might go some way to explaining why we haven't seen any work taking place yet. Could be anything of a multitude of reasons as to why nothing's happened on the site of SW8 yet, though.

Maybe they're just doing their usual trick of leaving everything to the last minute?!...

The park hasn't exactly got the best reputation when it comes to time management with big projects.

Speaking to some of the Sealife staff over my previous few visits, they say that any ground work (drilling, digging into the ground) won't start on the SW8 site until after the close season as the site is very close to the sealife and the vibrations from the ground work might cause cause problems for some of the more sensitive species of fish that they have and these fish will have to be temporary relocated before the ground work can start.

At a guess, we have their Christmas events coming up next month with the sealife open, so probably will not start the ground work until after the start of the new year

That story sounds plausible to some extent. However, Towers havn't exactly been shy about keeping attractions closed this year, so why not just close the Sealife bit too and not jeopardize the SW8 project by trying to fit all of the work into a smaller time-frame? You would think that they would have learned by the way The Smiler construction went that they should afford themselves a bit of extended time to do the work in-case of any unforeseen hold-ups? Maybe Merlin have just decided that they can't have the money for SW8 after all LOLZ.

I was thinking, will a couple of months be enough to get the ground work completed? If this overruns, and if what I've been told is true, could we be seeing the Sealife closed next season (for the first part or full season) under the guise of the TLC program?

When we visited Sealife during scarefest, the girl giving the talk in the ray tank talked about a possible extension, asked customers to leave comments voting for either penguins or otters. If there's any truth to this, perhaps they're looking to do it all at the same time?

Or perhaps they decided that starting heavy works whilst the park is still open, especially till late during scarefest, was a stupid idea when park close is only weeks away?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

When we visited Sealife during scarefest, the girl giving the talk in the ray tank talked about a possible extension, asked customers to leave comments voting for either penguins or otters. If there's any truth to this, perhaps they're looking to do it all at the same time?
Maybe they will add a new show in Sealife, like at The Sealion Theatre at WMSP.

I've not closely followed any new projects and constructions as I'm quite new to this! What sort of pictures and info will we get from the site and what's happening during closed season? Or will it be a case of waiting till March/Feburary?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.