• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm guessing that it'll probably be in place to protect theming finishes (e.g. rockwork or whatever) so they're not damaged by the weather, whether that's rain washing it away or the sun and heat drying it too quickly for them to work with. Of course, if they're installing electronics and pipes, they won't want those being exposed to the elements either.

Standard practice when working on delicate theming objects. I'm not sure we will any kind of secret element on the theming structure.
This is looking like Altons first coaster where they are building a solid ride without relying on a gimmick.
I just hope however they theme it, it will fit either of its neighbouring areas.

Standard practice when working on delicate theming objects. I'm not sure we will any kind of secret element on the theming structure.
This is looking like Altons first coaster where they are building a solid ride without relying on a gimmick.
I just hope however they theme it, it will fit either of its neighbouring areas.

What was Nemesis then ?

What was Nemesis then ?
Lighting caught in a bottle.

Everything went right.
Everything planned well.
Designed by people who loved coasters.
A fusion of judgement, skill, technology, craftsmanship, passion, forward thinking and luck.
A sublime masterpiece the likes of which could happen only once in the 13.8 billion years the universe has existed.
A feat that can happen only once and can never be repeated.
A roller coaster whose awesomeness exceeds the 7 wonders of the world.
A creation that the finest minds, with the greatest resources and the largest budget with an infinite amount of time could never equal.

Sorry, I've ran out of superlatives. There are no words that can do her justice.

I love you Nemmie! (Sorry, I'm overcome with emotion).

We are not worthy!

Oh and back to SW8. I'm going with the bubble wrap thing to be protecting a partially finished structure.

Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Lighting caught in a bottle.

Everything went right.
Everything planned well.
Designed by people who loved coasters.
A fusion of judgement, skill, technology, craftsmanship, passion, forward thinking and luck.
A sublime masterpiece the likes of which could happen only once in the 13.8 billion years the universe has existed.
A feat that can happen only once and can never be repeated.
A roller coaster whose awesomeness exceeds the 7 wonders of the world.
A creation that the finest minds, with the greatest resources and the largest budget with an infinite amount of time could never equal.

Sorry, I've ran out of superlatives. There are no words that can do her justice.

I love you Nemmie! (Sorry, I'm overcome with emotion).

We are not worthy!

Oh and back to SW8. I'm going with the bubble wrap thing to be protecting a partially finished structure.

Nothing to see here.

So in another words Nemesis was the first SW built without a gimmick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So in another words Nemesis was the first SW built without a gimmick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, the gimmick was that it was Europes first inverted coaster. But it wasn't advertised that way as it the time just being a great coaster was enough.
Also all the 1994 coaster had a gimmick, Nemesis is inverted, Shockwave is stand-up and The Big One was at the time worlds tallest.

Interestingly there is no lid on the wrapillar at all, so it can rain vertically in (like today)

Work has begun on the helix heading into the theming structure (which is still covered), work at the top of the site seems to have slowed to a halt however.

Sometimes I think us enthusiasts can be more obsessed with gimmicks than Merlin! ;)

Anyway, here is a look at the latest construction from Theme Park Worldwide:

20245341_2028379300521355_8407631661484778266_n.jpg

20264604_2028379327188019_7908435945020367006_n.jpg

It's flying up!

:)

How does this stuff happen when there is never anybody around the construction site?

Looks good... I am optimistic this is going to be a solid improvement to the park. Maybe nothing more than that, but half a dozen solid additions are just what AT needs.

I know it's always been said, but the difference of height from the top to the bottom of the site looks huge, this is really exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.