• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Could it be a Samsung OLED 52'' 4K TV?

On a serious note it's nice that they are teasing this on-site more than a few banners.

Oh here is the pictures of the plug and stand, definitely looks like a telly will go there.
20293032_2031580780201207_5020828734141994199_n.jpg

20375697_2031580800201205_8824104662118342390_n.jpg

Credit Theme Park Worldwide

I can't remember how many windows are near that area but maybe it's to hide the structure a but more? Will be a good place for promo stuff but will probably just put ride times on there or something :p

I can't remember how many windows are near that area but maybe it's to hide the structure a but more? Will be a good place for promo stuff but will probably just put ride times on there or something :p
Them windows are new, why would they put new windows in just to hide the structure??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's what look like decorative spikes, like a porcupine, on the theming structure if you look close, I've never seen the Wickerman films so don't know if that sounds right, we were stuck on the Skyline so had a good 20 minutes looking over the site today, sadly my phone was flat so couldn't get a photo.

There's what look like decorative spikes, like a porcupine, on the theming structure if you look close, I've never seen the Wickerman films so don't know if that sounds right, we were stuck on the Skyline so had a good 20 minutes looking over the site today, sadly my phone was flat so couldn't get a photo.
You mean this?
EQEhlWGPR02R442kMxHm9Q.png

It reminds me of a tribal necklace to me however it could be spikes for a dragon...

Yes those things, TBH they remind me of some things I saw in a film as a kid, might have been critters or something like that.

Over on towerstimes
this was posted by T0mPr1ce

'I just did a bit of research on African tribal myths and legends. One legend stood out for me as it ties in with Katanga Canyon, as well as speculation concerning the SW8 construction.

"The Zambezi River God, or Nyaminyami, is a dragon-like creature believed to command all life on the Zambezi River."

To me, this fits perfectly with the Congo River Rapids and the dragon (which has been speculated to be the theming element). There are many stories about the Nyaminyami, typically revolving around sacracfice to appease it and in order to be allowed access to the river. Villagers seem to go missing when the Nyaminyami is angry.'

Over on towerstimes
this was posted by T0mPr1ce

'I just did a bit of research on African tribal myths and legends. One legend stood out for me as it ties in with Katanga Canyon, as well as speculation concerning the SW8 construction.

"The Zambezi River God, or Nyaminyami, is a dragon-like creature believed to command all life on the Zambezi River."

To me, this fits perfectly with the Congo River Rapids and the dragon (which has been speculated to be the theming element). There are many stories about the Nyaminyami, typically revolving around sacracfice to appease it and in order to be allowed access to the river. Villagers seem to go missing when the Nyaminyami is angry.'
The idea of a Dragon would fit in both with the idea of gloomy wood and if it's an African Dragon it would tie the whole area together really well.

This may have been discussed already, but is it just me or are they using a different type of wood for this, compared to other GCI's? This seems a lot darker compared to the bright golden colour that new woodies seem to be like.

This may have been discussed already, but is it just me or are they using a different type of wood for this, compared to other GCI's? This seems a lot darker compared to the bright golden colour that new woodies seem to be like.
I doubt the colour of the wood has to do with the type of wood in this situation I think it's to do with the climate, for example Thunderhead and Gold Striker both use the same type of wood yet they are different colour due to the climate.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.