• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Let me explain this to those who don’t know.

It started off with Google releasing an update to Google Maps which allowed users to edit content. This lead to some renaming Millennium Force to “Millennium Forceless” discreetly. A group of users from r/rollercoasterjerk discovering it during a Discord chat. They then proceeded to name other coasters like “Diamondstack”, "RMC Grand National", "Wuze Ball" and "TatsuUuUuUu".

A Facebook group called Meme Park Worldwide (remember the whole Moss Machine stuff from a few years back? Well the FB group started from that) caught wind of this and proceeded to rename all the rides at BPB and Alton Towers to something Sanbrooke/Sealy/Rumney related where the joke became OTT and unfunny.

TL;DR for those who don't care about every minute detail.
unknown.png

I can't wait to see this on the MPW FB page and various discord servers later. not

Last edited:
Looking to buy day tickets and fastrack for August 2019 but nothing has been released. We can buy season passes but they're no good to us because we only visit 2 days a year and the days we visit are blackout dates for the season passes and incur an extra charge.

I don't understand why they can't release day tickets for the 2019 season. We're ready to book them now but by the time they release them we might have changed our minds and have booked to go elsewhere.

We can book our flights, car hire and accomodation (not on park, been there, never again). It's not a big ask to be able to book park tickets well in advance?

Merlin push their season passes which are excellent value for multiple visits but they don't seem to cater (or care) for overseas visitors or people visiting from further afield who wish to plan ahead. Surely they are missing out on some bookings by not releasing day tickets?

Looking to buy day tickets and fastrack for August 2019 but nothing has been released. We can buy season passes but they're no good to us because we only visit 2 days a year and the days we visit are blackout dates for the season passes and incur an extra charge.

I don't understand why they can't release day tickets for the 2019 season. We're ready to book them now but by the time they release them we might have changed our minds and have booked to go elsewhere.

We can book our flights, car hire and accomodation (not on park, been there, never again). It's not a big ask to be able to book park tickets well in advance?

Merlin push their season passes which are excellent value for multiple visits but they don't seem to cater (or care) for overseas visitors or people visiting from further afield who wish to plan ahead. Surely they are missing out on some bookings by not releasing day tickets?
They haven't officially confirmed opening days yet so may be subject to change.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I wouldn't expect they are missing out on any bookings for this reason. As long as the open/close calender is updated (Edit to add, it isn't updated for 2019 yet), so you know the park is open on the days you want to visit, you can book travel/accommodation and then get the entry tickets nearer the time. The park very rarely reaches capacity so booking in advance isn't important.

I wouldn't expect they are missing out on any bookings for this reason. As long as the open/close calender is updated, so you know the park is open on the days you want to visit, you can book travel/accommodation and then get the entry tickets nearer the time. The park very rarely reaches capacity so booking in advance isn't important.
Problem is knowing what the hours are on a particular day. I would leave it for now, just in case the park is closed for whatever reason. Plenty of time to sort travel arrangements before August.

Problem is knowing what the hours are on a particular day. I would leave it for now, just in case the park is closed for whatever reason. Plenty of time to sort travel arrangements before August.

I think that's sort of my point, the park should have the opening hours up on the website first. That's the part to get frustrated about, not the availability of tickets.

If the dates you want to visit are season pass blockout dates (ie August weekends, Scarefest and Fireworks) then the park will be open, there is no worry about booking flights etc in this instance.

Day tickets usually go on sale Jan/Feb time.

I think that's sort of my point, the park should have the opening hours up on the website first. That's the part to get frustrated about, not the availability of tickets.
Yep, plus do we assume they're closing at 4 again this season or hope for a late opening and risk being stuck waiting at the train station for an hour? (Though waiting in Stoke isn't so bad, there is a Wetherspoons :p)

EDIT: 99% chance it will be fine if you book travel now

It's not that I'm worried about the park being open, I know it will be on my dates but it would still be nice to be able to book my tickets well in advance, know the opening hours and know if there's any price increases on day tickets, fastrack etc for 2019.

Look at it from an overseas visitors point of view, never been to Alton Towers before. If I was planning a visit to the UK in August and I'm making an itinerary and was thinking about visiting towers as part of that trip there's no way of knowing if the park is open, the hours it will be open or the cost of day tickets etc. It's not very professional.

Say I'm looking at doing a trip to Germany in August and I'm thinking about going to Europa park and am making an itinerary. I can go online now and see that the park is open on the dates I want to go, I can see that the park will be open until at least 6pm on those 2 days and that two 2 day tickets will cost me 197 euros.

Sack off Alton Towers and give the money to a company that is more professional and gives a hoot about its paying customers. Maybe book that Germany trip to see some other parks :)

It's on my mind now that I've started looking at it. Will get the calculator out when I get home.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.