• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The cuts also go through a standard routine involving cuts, "listening to your feedback", and then reversing some of the cuts:
  1. "This year all rides will open at 12pm and close at 3pm. The Rapids will only open in August."
  2. (outrage from general public)
  3. "We listened to your feedback and are pleased to announce rides will now open at 11am and shut at 4pm. We're also extending the Rapids opening from July to September"

Opening dates are now loaded on the AT website. 23rd March - 3rd Nov with some Weds closures in March/April/May and once again Mon/Tues/Weds closures in Sep/Oct.

www.altontowers.com/useful-info/opening-times/

For those that were hoping that a rise in gate numbers will reverse the cuts. Your hopes have been shattered.

I think it goes to show that despite the gate numbers have picked up last season, they are still implementing cuts next season.

For those that were hoping that a rise in gate numbers will reverse the cuts. Your hopes have been shattered.

I think it goes to show that despite the gate numbers have picked up last season, they are still implementing cuts next season.
Who knows, maybe they will have longer hours. (hopeful)

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I notice the 2019 season pass is advertising the park as having 40 rides and attractions whereas in previous years it has always been 50.

Either more ride closures are on the way or they have actually counted the rides and realised they never had 50 in the first place.

If it’s a ride then why are we allowed to film on it, the rules say no filming on any rides or attractions at the resort.

If it’s a ride then why are we allowed to film on it, the rules say no filming on any rides or attractions at the resort.
And you never filmed on the rapids which until recently didn't have that restriction?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

It's a ride regardless what Merlin/Towers label it as. You ride on it, simple and end of.

f84gXO0.png

We all know that Merlin are great at labelling things that are not true when it suits them, i.e. 12+ are adults :rolleyes:

Weekdays: 10:00 - 16:00 / 16:30.
Weekends: 9:30 (ERT) / 10:00 - 17:00.
Holidays: 9:30 (ERT) / 10:00 - 17:00/17:30/18:00.

The amount of days we've gained back (which is of course a great thing) is probably against the grudge of someone up in Merlin's higher management, so I'm not expecting something too miraculous or noticeable when it comes to opening hours.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.