• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
My local spoons has the toilets up three flights of stairs.
I have two bad knees.
I feel zero guilt about using the ground floor disabled loos, especially so when it is constantly used as the changing room for local shoplifters.
And get off to Uni spinball, thats where I realised the signs on the doors are optional!
Women in the gents all the time.
We have unisex toilets in the new library. Trouble is, they underestimated how many they would need. There is only two, plus two disabled toilets per floor so the disabled ones are always being used.

I don't think there's any problem with a trans person using the disabled toilet because they feel more comfortable.

At a previous employer of mine, a colleague was going through gender reassignment & they were specifically asked to use the disabled toilets in the building. This was both on the basis that the disabled toilet is gender-neutral / unisex & also to avoid complaints of a male in the female toilets / a female in the male toilets.

Indeed, let's keep this thread to discussion regarding Alton Towers please. :)

My local spoons has the toilets up three flights of stairs.
I have two bad knees. I feel zero guilt about using the ground floor disabled loos

And so you shouldn't. Apologies for adding to this conversation after the request to steer it back on subject but given the discussion already I think it's really worth noting that the correct term is "accessible toilets" and they are for anyone that would benefit from easier access, not just wheelchair users.

Alton Towers missed a trick with the bears riding coasters trend. They could have had Alton Towers bears on Wicker Man leaving the station and going around the ride, then arriving back in the station as the red Wicker Man bears.

Alton Towers missed a trick with the bears riding coasters trend. They could have had Alton Towers bears on Wicker Man leaving the station and going around the ride, then arriving back in the station as the red Wicker Man bears.
Remember to pop to the jobs page next time marketing are hiring.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

H&S have probably put their foot in with it.

Further to my question regarding post incident and reducing capacity on reopening. I've since remember Cbeebies Land being rammed after 2015 incident with 30 to 60 min queues for postman pat and octonaughts. How are they going to deal with social distancing with 2 3 and 4 year olds? The place is going to be chaos and an eternity to wait?

How are they going to operate duel guns and battle galleon water blasters? They are going to need constant cleaning !

Also surely they can't be going to use fasttrack on reopening? That wouldn't be fair on the increasing wait times and decreased throughput. Also how can you buy at box office and surely increases risk of contact on getting tickets and having them checked by attendant?

How are they going to operate duel guns and battle galleon water blasters? They are going to need constant cleaning !

Also surely they can't be going to use fasttrack on reopening? That wouldn't be fair on the increasing wait times and decreased throughput. Also how can you buy at box office and surely increases risk of contact on getting tickets and having them checked by attendant?

Fastrack tickets are currently available for purchase online from 4th July onwards suggesting they plan to offer the service.

Duel guns could be turned off, or guests simply have to use anti bac before boarding and after getting off the ride.

Fastrack tickets are currently available for purchase online from 4th July onwards suggesting they plan to offer the service.

Duel guns could be turned off, or guests simply have to use anti bac before boarding and after getting off the ride.
They could switch to only selling digital fastrack

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

We sort of tried this (of a much smaller scale) back in 1999 on Nemesis. A guest had won one of the giant rooster (think big Kelloggs corn flakes rooster) type stuffed toys from a games unit. It was a wet day and they did not want to leave it on the wet / dirty Nemesis station floor. (Pre-baggage cage days).

There were only 3 guests on the row in question (row 8). The stuffed rooster had a huge upper body, certainly bigger than that of a slim child who was just 1.4m tall... so we just put it in the spare seat on row 8, secured the harness and sent it round with the guests. It got a lot of laughs from other guests in the station and the riders on row 8 bought a ride photo or two - they showed us the photos later on when they returned to ride again. Unfortunately, by that time word of the rooster meeting it's Nemesis has filtered back to the powers that be and a re-ride was not on the cards.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.