• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I don’t understand why they didn’t keep a later closing time, some people like rides in dark.

Wonder if the reduced hours are a sign of lack of demand or even lower capacity than first planned.

There's likely a major worry now that national restrictions will be coming in prior to the event. Even without national restrictions, local restrictions will likely reduce attendance regardless. I'd assume they're reducing opening hours in preparation for this happening in order to reduce demand.

There's likely a major worry now that national restrictions will be coming in prior to the event. Even without national restrictions, local restrictions will likely reduce attendance regardless. I'd assume they're reducing opening hours in preparation for this happening in order to reduce demand.
Yeah I'm worried about the mooted national half term "circuit breaker' lockdown. That would force Towers to close.

Half term begins for most at the end of this week so if the circuit breaker happens it won’t be for then.
Anyway, it’s a shame that after the massive increase in hours for the season we’ve had, we are looking at ending on a low in decreasing the original advertised hours.

Half term begins for most at the end of this week so if the circuit breaker happens it won’t be for then.
Anyway, it’s a shame that after the massive increase in hours for the season we’ve had, we are looking at ending on a low in decreasing the original advertised hours.
My areas half term (and the week I'm going) is the week of the 26th.

Yup the vast majority of schools have another week next week before half term. I have a feeling that come the end of this week the final weeks of the season at Towers are going to look very, very different :(.

Ah areas around me have two weeks - I thought that was the new normal for schools having 2 weeks in October now - they go back early November I believe.

Seems they've finally sorted out ride close time for scarefest.
8:15
Th13teen
Smiler
Wicker man
8:30
Galactica
Nemesis
Oblivion
Rita
Spinball

Will be at the park for few hours this evening. By the looks of things the queues are average for a weekend which is good! I'll give an update when I get back

They should use this golden opportunity to give the monorail a much needed and overdue refurb. Whether they think the same is another question entirely... :p

They should use this golden opportunity to give the monorail a much needed and overdue refurb. Whether they think the same is another question entirely... :p

it wouldn’t surprise me if the monorail doesn’t return, even after covid. Like you say if they were in anyway looking at the future of it, you think they’d have started some sort of refurb by now.

Yep that’s been confirmed for quite a while now. However seems the wording of the website has changed now, and doesn’t mention it being for hotel guests only at a certain time, like it did before, which suggested it could be open at Christmas for anyone.

2020 review: I’ve seen que line cattle pens that I never want to see again!

Can someone do a poll. I vote thirteen for being so deceiving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020 review: I’ve seen que line cattle pens that I never want to see again!

Can someone do a poll. I vote thirteen for being so deceiving

That one - and The Smiler!

I was marathoning it on a quiet day the other week, with the one way system in X-sector, and the "all over the place" cattle pen, it was taking 15 minutes from exiting the shop to getting on the ride, with no queue whatsover.

Looks like the lights in the garden will be staying put for Christmas!

Hadn't been following the Christmas stuff, was quite surprised to see Hex & Spinball on the 'open' list.

The garden lights were pretty charming at Scarefest all old, went in with no real understanding of what they were going to be - pretty delightful and seemed quite popular. It felt like one of the 'least Merlin' things Merlin have done for a while.

Hadn't been following the Christmas stuff, was quite surprised to see Hex & Spinball on the 'open' list.

The garden lights were pretty charming at Scarefest all old, went in with no real understanding of what they were going to be - pretty delightful and seemed quite popular. It felt like one of the 'least Merlin' things Merlin have done for a while.
I’ve never seen so many comments slating the prices! The prices do appear insane!

I’ve never seen so many comments slating the prices! The prices do appear insane!

I think the Christmas Santa Sleepover events have always been a bit pricey but they do include quite a lot for the price.
For those who have kids of the right ages who want to visit Santa its probably not too bad.
You get Santa grotto visit, waterpark entry, selected theme park rides, 9 holes golf and dinner, bed and breakfast. Only extra costs should be lunch and drinks.
In previous years there has also been a panto but I assume that isn't happening due to covid, but there is the garden walk this year.
I just checked and its about £400 for a family in an ATH room. The dinner would probably normally cost £50+ and waterpark is £58. Santa can be £10 per child as well. There is easily £300 of value in these packages, not sure if they are worth £400 though.

These types of breaks are always pricey no matter where you go. Since there is a limited age range when parents can take kids to this kind of thing people seem prepared to pay.

As Towers have scrapped the corporate Christmas parties this year they have replaced them with even more Santa Sleepover dates and for the first time in a while Splash, ATH, Enchanted Village and CBeebies Hotel are all open, so I suspect the demand is there. For every person moaning about the price on Facebook, there is someone else happily booking a stay.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.