• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Both Alton and THORPE have had multiple reports of asking to see the covid app and refusing entry unless it's medium
Thanks for the heads up. Not everyone has the app and businesses are required to have an alternative system for those who don't. Anyway, it's against the law to refuse access to those with disabilities. ;)

It would seem that Enterprise is testing today in X-Sector:

With the season having been extended until 15th November, I think we could be getting rides in on Enterprise well before the end of the season! An opening soon would certainly help to ease those half-term crowds, anyway!

Both Alton and THORPE have had multiple reports of asking to see the covid app and refusing entry unless it's medium
Out of interest, what about those without a mobile?
I have had no problems giving paper details at any decent dining establishment, happy to give contact address and landline number every time, every place was happy to take our custom.
Then again, the first place I was refused service at a bar for having the crazy notion of paying in cash was at the Towers.

Out of interest, what about those without a mobile?
I have had no problems giving paper details at any decent dining establishment, happy to give contact address and landline number every time, every place was happy to take our custom.
Then again, the first place I was refused service at a bar for having the crazy notion of paying in cash was at the Towers.
They ask with a paper form for name and phone number, presumably they would ask for post code and check?

Thanks for the heads up. Not everyone has the app and businesses are required to have an alternative system for those who don't. Anyway, it's against the law to refuse access to those with disabilities. ;)

No. It's against the law to refuse access to somebody BECAUSE of their disability. That is a totally different thing.

The park are, rightly, insisting that people scan the app before entering restaurants and refusing access to those in high risk tiers. I would imagine any paper alternative to this (not that I have seen one) would also require a home address to be provided and checked.

No. It's against the law to refuse access to somebody BECAUSE of their disability. That is a totally different thing.

The park are, rightly, insisting that people scan the app before entering restaurants and refusing access to those in high risk tiers. I would imagine any paper alternative to this (not that I have seen one) would also require a home address to be provided and checked.

According to the Yougov site and requesting details for track and trace, a postal address is only required if the person does not have a phone number or email address. Only a name and contact number is required, failing that an email address, and failing that a postal address. It is advised that No additional data should be collected, so once the phone number or an email address has been been provided, they should not be asking for postal addresses to 'check' on your status.

Also, they are incorrect in insisting people scan in using NHS track and Trace, and if they do use the NHS track and Trace, then can only check the phone screen to see that they have checked in, not what they 'Status' is.

Venues must ask every customer and visitor for the following details (unless they have ‘checked in’ using the NHS COVID-19 app):

• the name of the customer or visitor. If there is more than one person, then you can record the name of the ‘lead member’ of the group (of up to 6 people) and the number of people in theat group
  • a contact phone number for each customer or visitor, or for the lead member of a group of people. If a phone number is not available, you should ask for their email address instead, or if neither are available, then postal address
  • date of visit, arrival time and, where possible, departure time
  • the name of the assigned staff member, if a customer or visitor will interact with only one member of staff (for example, a hairdresser). This should be recorded alongside the name of the customer or visitor
Recording both arrival and departure times (or estimated departure times) will help reduce the number of customers or staff needing to be contacted by NHS Test and Trace. We recognise, however, that recording departure times will not always be practicable and this is not required by law.

No additional data should be collected for this purpose.

In England, you do not have to request details from people who check in with the official NHS QR poster, and venues should not ask them to do both. Venues must not make the specific use of the NHS QR code a precondition of entry (as the individual has the right to choose to provide their contact details if they prefer). Should someone choose to check in with the official NHS QR poster, a venue should check their phone screen to ensure they have successfully checked in.

It's not our fault we're in Tier 3, and we didn't ask for it. As @Vik said above Towers cannot force people to use the app and cannot ask for certain details. If they do, then they are actually breaking the law.

As my gran would say if Cummings jumped off a cliff would you do it. People need to take responsibility for themselves. You can certainly do something stupid but don't come crying to someone else when it ends badly.

I prefer the honest people who say they don't give a flying fart about what anyone else says and do what they want. That's at least an honestly I can respect.
Cummings actions - and worse, the way he was defended by the cabinet - reallty broke the "all in this together" narrative and replaced it with "One rule for them and another for us".

This discussion belongs in the Coronavirus topic.
Indeed. I appreciate it's very easy to stray back on to the topic of COVID as it is a factor in pretty much anything at the minute, but if we could stick to Alton Towers discussion please, that'd be grand.

Thanks.

Don't care what your gran says Mr Ribena...lead by example.
Nothing dishonest about the advice given.

I am a woman.

BTW you are responsible for your behaviour, saying "but oh little Jamie did it too" is the action of a young mind. Set a good example for your friends and family. That is your responsibility. I would wager many who do not wish to follow the rules would have found another excuse.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.