• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I did see it suggested that pubs, restaurants and non-essential shops may eventually use COVID status certification, so do we think that the theme parks may eventually use it too?

Absolutely . Theme Parks are no more essential than Theatres , Stadiums and Cinemas , all of which are set to use certificates and testing

The difference with those environments though is that you’re sat in the same position around others for an extended amount of time. There’s no alternative there. I think we’ll still see some social distancing for a while to come, and some form of checks, but I’m not sure if it’ll be full certification.

How come they're not serving alcohol today am I missing something

On a couple of days each year the park receives a higher proportion of guests in large groups that in the past has led to an increase in anti social behaviour. Generally these days fall on Easter Sunday (or in the case of 2021, today) and the first Sunday of Scarefest. To try and ensure these days run smoothly they stop selling alcohol as part of the measures to keep anti social behaviour under control.

On a couple of days each year the park receives a higher proportion of guests in large groups that in the past has led to an increase in anti social behaviour. Generally these days fall on Easter Sunday (or in the case of 2021, today) and the first Sunday of Scarefest. To try and ensure these days run smoothly they stop selling alcohol as part of the measures to keep anti social behaviour under control.
Why don't they just not let them in if they've been known to cause trouble

If that's the case how come they're only allowed in on the same days each year
They are not restricted in when they can come, they just choose to come at the same time. Alton Towers can make a pretty good guess when this is: usually Easter weekend and first weekend of October but the park is sometimes taken by surprise when they visit on a different weekend.

They are not restricted in when they can come, they just choose to come at the same time. Alton Towers can make a pretty good guess when this is: usually Easter weekend and first Weekend of October but the park is sometimes taken by surprise when they visit on a different weekend.
I see. I guess if they turn up at the same time each year then towers can prepare

Booze aside I feel sorry for people who unknowingly arrive on ‘family day’. You shouldn’t have your day ruined by individuals acting aggressively and just being an all round nuisance. A shame that a small few have to reinforce stereotypes.

As a third year law student, and I assume the traveller community being referred to is "the gypsy community"? They are actually protected under s9 of the Equality Act 2010 as the gypsy community constitutes an "ethnic group" for the purposes this section, so any discrimination at barring entry would be unlawful.
Apologies though if this isn't the traveller community being referred to, I've never really looked into traveller day too much.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.