• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Is anyone eligible/going to any of the buy out events before the season starts? I know 12th/13th March are for Blue Light Services, and I think 6th March is a buyout by Kids Pass or something? Are there any more, like John Lewis for example?

Is anyone eligible/going to any of the buy out events before the season starts? I know 12th/13th March are for Blue Light Services, and I think 6th March is a buyout by Kids Pass or something? Are there any more, like John Lewis for example?
There will probably be one on 5th March aswell

a>
vq3tj3B

It may be nothing, but I’ve just been on Google Earth and there’s a very specific section of Katanga Canyon that’s been blurred out - almost too specific to be a mistake. As I said, it might be nothing but it could equally be Merlin asking Google to blur this specific area out for fear of the public seeing some development work if Google were to update the imagery before the season opens.

Thoughts?

edit - any help on getting the image embedded would be great!

a>
vq3tj3B

It may be nothing, but I’ve just been on Google Earth and there’s a very specific section of Katanga Canyon that’s been blurred out - almost too specific to be a mistake. As I said, it might be nothing but it could equally be Merlin asking Google to blur this specific area out for fear of the public seeing some development work if Google were to update the imagery before the season opens.

Thoughts?

edit - any help on getting the image embedded would be great!
Are you talking about satellite or street view?
If it's street view then it's seriously out of date (I can only dream of eating at Pizza Pasta for £7.99)

Are you talking about satellite or street view?
If it's street view then it's seriously out of date (I can only dream of eating at Pizza Pasta for £7.99)
Satellite. the Retrosquad are there so it’s as up to date as at least last year. Im just curious as I know businesses can apply to have their property have a blurred overlay so that regardless of when the satellite image next gets updated, the public won’t be able to see anything. It’s just annoying that I can’t figure out how to attach my screenshot to a reply. I’ve tried an embed code thing but it’s not working. Anyone have any idea?

You have to use Google Earth satellite view. When I use the maps app on my phone it still shows Wickerman under construction, so I assume apple maps aren’t powered by Google and aren’t updated anywhere near as often as Google

You have to use Google Earth satellite view. When I use the maps app on my phone it still shows Wickerman under construction, so I assume apple maps aren’t powered by Google and aren’t updated anywhere near as often as Google
They're not, but Google Maps on Android seems to be the same map, Wicker Man is built and the Retro Squad rides are there.

I can see the same image (same cars clearly visible) but without blurring

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.