• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
We’ll be getting excited that they’ve added plastic toy figurines on the CRR waterfalls next.
Oh wait…

Back when we first started visiting in '99, one of the most positive things I remember my parents saying about the place was that they had bins everywhere :p Not those bins though... barrels? With "LITTER" painted on in white? Are they still about?

Not sure whether or not this beats a good toilets closed-season discussion.

I heard from someone who works at Alton Towers, brothers dogs sisters owner that they are the 'Worlds First Vertical Drop Bin' promising an unparalleled experience
Yes I heard that too from my friends, sisters auntie's best friends mother cow that, she also said it would have virtual reality and a splash down element.

They actually came before Christmas, and they are just the old bins painted new colours it wouldn’t surprise me if you peeled the paint back you’ll find they are from 98 and all those oblivion bins they had back then.
Well we won't have long to find out, because when the paint does start flaking off them it'll be years before they'll be fixed again.

Back when we first started visiting in '99, one of the most positive things I remember my parents saying about the place was that they had bins everywhere :p Not those bins though... barrels? With "LITTER" painted on in white? Are they still about?

Not sure whether or not this beats a good toilets closed-season discussion.

Yes I think there are some of the wooden barrel ones left too.

Streetview is from 2009 but I think these are still in place https://goo.gl/maps/gWuTcurYQ5NX6wBA6

The barrel bins have been around for decades. They used to say "LITTER" on them but I don't know when that changed.

You can see it in this photo from the TowersStreet archives:

48052528827_4d00524ed9_b.jpg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.