• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Enterprise not ready for the start of the season, what a surprise!

Disappointing on the rapids, especially with such a great weather forecast for the weekend. I woudldn't mind, but it was down for so long before the end of last season also. Hopefully it is worth the wait...!

When was the last time the rapids were actually ready for the start of the season? Seems like it’s been late opening for about 5 years now.

Enterprise not ready for the start of the season, what a surprise!

Disappointing on the rapids, especially with such a great weather forecast for the weekend. I woudldn't mind, but it was down for so long before the end of last season also. Hopefully it is worth the wait...!
It is disappointing about the rapids but I guess normally it doesn't matter if they aren't open on opening day because more often than not, the weather is rubbish anyway! Maybe that's why work does overrun on them each year - it's not a priority ride to have open on day 1 because historically the weather is bad.

Absolutely, it makes sense to prioritise other rides to be ready for March over the rapids if they can’t get everything done. But it just goes to show that they still don’t have the maintenance resources to get all their rides ready, which they should do.

Absolutely, it makes sense to prioritise other rides to be ready for March over the rapids if they can’t get everything done. But it just goes to show that they still don’t have the maintenance resources to get all their rides ready, which they should do.

I don’t think it’s a resource thing exactly, Towers actually have a really good maintenance team. It’s just such a volume of their hardware is really old now that maintenance is just tougher.

Plus getting parts is a nightmare at the moment thanks to brexit.

I understand that Enterprise and Congo River Rapids will not be available this weekend, as winter work on these rides has overrun. I believe significant work has taken place behind the scenes on Congo River Rapids. Enterprise I guess is just old...!

Hopefully everything else should be available.

Meh, I don't think those two are a big loss to be honest. I can't even remember whether I rode CRR at all last year; if I did it was so dull I've forgotten it. And though I know sunshine is forecast for Saturday which is great, we're talking Staffordshire in March here... It's ain't going to be balmy!

Enterprise just makes me fall over. Probably best avoided. There's always booze for that anyway!

Meh, I don't think those two are a big loss to be honest. I can't even remember whether I rode CRR at all last year; if I did it was so dull I've forgotten it. And though I know sunshine is forecast for Saturday which is great, we're talking Staffordshire in March here... It's ain't going to be balmy!

Enterprise just makes me fall over. Probably best avoided. There's always booze for that anyway!
Sorry to be Mr Pedant here, again, but sunny all day and 14 degrees is actually going to feel balmy on Saturday after recent weather.
Probably the warmest day of the year "so far".
You watch for t shirts and shorts.

Sorry to be Mr Pedant here, again, but sunny all day and 14 degrees is actually going to feel balmy on Saturday after recent weather.
Probably the warmest day of the year "so far".
You watch for t shirts and shorts.

Haha I think it just depends on how much one feels the cold! I'll be in a coat and jumper all day!

I'm sure shorts and a T-shirt is fine when you are also wearing a beer jacket ;)

Sodium hypochlorite solution, in a spray, at about 15% with water.
Left for a couple of hours, then rinsed off.
Then treated with algaecide.

Same as the smiler pit.
This must be the end of closed season topic.

Not sure, however if they move the Twister from Walliams World to X Sector and rebrand it I’ll be bitterly disappointed.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.