• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Not much info released yet, but I'd hazard a guess that it might be a spinny ride...
I mentioned this in the Retrosquad thread, but a lot of people replying to the Twitter post are suggesting that it may be Wilmott's Air Raid, which is a Tivoli Extreme.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this, so mods please move if not, but I’ve just seen on Merlin’s Backstage Facebook page (official account) that Merlin have been awarded the IP rights for Jumanji across multiple territories, including the UK. With Alton being such a heavily forested park, do we think there could be potential future plans to add a Jumanji attraction at AT? 9280AFF5-036E-4646-851D-3450AD2253E3.jpeg

I mentioned this in the Retrosquad thread, but a lot of people replying to the Twitter post are suggesting that it may be Wilmott's Air Raid, which is a Tivoli Extreme.

Yes people seem to be pretty certain that this is the ride! At least we know we've got a replacement for Mixtape! something a little different, intrigued to try it.

Yes people seem to be pretty certain that this is the ride! At least we know we've got a replacement for Mixtape! something a little different, intrigued to try it.
I doubt the cycle will be as long or intense as on the fair circuit, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to stomach it! 🤢

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this, so mods please move if not, but I’ve just seen on Merlin’s Backstage Facebook page (official account) that Merlin have been awarded the IP rights for Jumanji across multiple territories, including the UK. With Alton being such a heavily forested park, do we think there could be potential future plans to add a Jumanji attraction at AT? 9280AFF5-036E-4646-851D-3450AD2253E3.jpeg
I just don't want it to be an SW, anyway I imagine as we've got it in Chessington, Merlin will probably do some midway attractions and not bother adding it to towers.

I’d have thought that Merlin would want to keep the Jumanji IP just for Chessington and Project Amazon to give it a unique themed area in this country rather than doubling it up across two parks. I suppose possibly they could have a midway attraction based on Jumanji (along the lines of Shrek Adventure) but I wouldn’t have thought they’d use it at Towers. I wonder though how long they have the Shrek licence from Dreamworks for?

The plans l for the new area at Chessington looks a lot like a Jumanji board so I expect Chessington is getting it over here.
But I wouldn’t object to a dark ride addition to Katanga Canyon (on the car park).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.