• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If you search Congo river rapids on safari it says permanently closed ? Is that true?
I certainly hope not! :eek:
It's still listed on the website, so that's a good start. Someone probably put two and two together and got five so-to-speak :p
Should've been listed as temporarily closed instead.

Last edited:
Along with a repeat of last years events, AT have just announced a Festival of Thrills event taking place from 4th April to 6th May. I wonder what could be in store!
Furthermore, this sounds like the Summer of Fun/Big Six Challenge but with them changing out the soundtracks of all the major coasters for (what I presume) will be a curated playlist for each of the Big 7.

https://www.altontowers.com/explore/events/festival-of-thrills/

Doubt it'll be big headlining acts performing outside the rides, or at least I hope not.

Dolly Parton stood outside The Smiler belting out "working intermittently 9-5 if open at all" wouldn't exactly be a good image for the park.

Doubt it'll be big headlining acts performing outside the rides, or at least I hope not.

Dolly Parton stood outside The Smiler belting out "working intermittently 9-5 if open at all" wouldn't exactly be a good image for the park.

Sounds good, remind me of Nemesis in 06 if anyone remembers that.

It would be great to see:
Galactica: Trance
Nemesis: Rock
Oblivion: Drum n Bass/Dubstep
Smiler: Metal
Wickerman: Folk/acoustic
Rita: Prog rock/indie rock
Thirteen: Soundtracks?

New lighting and temp soundtracks/stages could be great. There’s areas near all the rides for a small stage that could be re-used for Mardis Gra, Oktoberfest/Scarefest etc

It would be good to see these stages used into mid evening 6pm/7pm to encourage people to stay later maybe with a finale on a main stage or projections on the towers. Great to see again Alton seeing the benefits of events, time for some permanent reusable event equipment! (Stages, lighting, fountain, projectors, night lights, speakers etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep that green has only been there two seasons or so I think so it didn't need doing.

But the purple is their brand colour I think so making the whole entrance plaza "on-brand" makes sense.

That reads to me like live bands at each coaster?

That's what I'm reading into it as well, but more a likely a live performer which backing track that actual band. Thinking back to last year, they did have 3 performers who sing with backing track during the stage shows last year so mght be more along those lines.

Whats concerns me is that Thirteen & Rita are very close together so how are they planning on making it so your not having to listen to both at the same time in such a small area. Same goes for X Sector in away.

Be interesting to see, just wish they could get Thirteens live music (performer/band) into he ride queue to make is less boring.

Whats concerns me is that Thirteen & Rita are very close together so how are they planning on making it so your not having to listen to both at the same time in such a small area. Same goes for X Sector in away.

I assumed they'd rotate around the rides throughout the day, rather than having 7 live performances at once.

With that assumption they wouldn't likely have someone near both Rita and Thirteen at the same time, and the same for oblivion/smiler and Nemesis/Galactica.

It would be cheaper to do it that way, as well as ensure guests see at least one performance in each area.

I assumed they'd rotate around the rides throughout the day, rather than having 7 live performances at once.

With that assumption they wouldn't likely have someone near both Rita and Thirteen at the same time, and the same for oblivion/smiler and Nemesis/Galactica.

It would be cheaper to do it that way, as well as ensure guests see at least one performance in each area.
To be fair towers have a whole host of permanent singers and dancers now. So my guess is they will have entertainment around each ride, I guess on a rotational basis. Maybe with just music or a dj in between the acts.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.