• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Same old conversations, two whole generations later!
In the good old days, there was no bottom of the garden fence, and King Ina's Rocks was the place to be.
Allegedly.

Just going to leave this here. Whilst I don’t condone this, the photos are pretty cool.

Just going to leave this here. Whilst I don’t condone this, the photos are pretty cool.

Wait how did they do this? Were none of the cctv on or any of the staff there

Have to admit that it sickens me when I see things like this. It's their choice but I have no respect for them whatsoever. It's just wrong, stupid and reckless. 😡

We seem to be drifting slightly off topic here (yes, I know general discussion is a broad term). Needless to say that TowersStreet does not codone any illegal access to Alton Towers, nor attempting to stay in the park overnight!

Have to admit that it sickens me when I see things like this. It's their choice but I have no respect for them whatsoever. It's just wrong, stupid and reckless. 😡
Yeah I don’t condone it either and they put themselves in danger in taking some of these pictures

How was it even possible for them to get in and walk wherever they want so easily. Is the security really that bad

How was it even possible for them to get in and walk wherever they want so easily. Is the security really that bad
If you read the comments on the link above, it’s not that easy (it took that person months of planning to pull it off).

-

It is trespassing at the end of the day, countless people have done it, attempted it and will try in future. You can get caught and face consequences. Don’t do it!

Wait, did someone say cottaging?

Would it be illegal access though to pay to get in, then sleep in one of the Smiler trains overnight. then getting to ride it when it's testing the next day?

(not a serious question!)

I've often wondered why they fence off the right-hand side (as you walk towards X Sector) with such high fences. It's only woodland as far as I know so why not put in shorter fences so you can see into the area. It would make it feel less claustrophobic too when it's busy. They could even put lights on the ground in amongst the trees for Scarefest like they did at Fountain Square.

I believe those particular fences were raised after a serious incident at the park in the early/mid 00s. I can't find a story archived online, but I recall it was a sexual assault. The park is far too vast to be monitored as a whole, but it's best that woodland adjacent to the most frequented paths isn't accessible.

I understand that Enterprise and Congo River Rapids will not be available this weekend, as winter work on these rides has overrun. I believe significant work has taken place behind the scenes on Congo River Rapids. Enterprise I guess is just old...!

Hopefully everything else should be available.

I understand that Enterprise and Congo River Rapids will not be available this weekend, as winter work on these rides has overrun. I believe significant work has taken place behind the scenes on Congo River Rapids. Enterprise I guess is just old...!

Hopefully everything else should be available.
Any idea what the significant work is?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.