• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Anyone curious about the state of the lawns and its recovery from last year, Towers have laid a lot of turf! Also laid some on the edges by Towers street
fd439609b6a9fed54ffc81c6a15acc18.jpg
034bc10c9c1852907a156614b495d5e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Lots of rides on low capacity today due to winter work overrunning.

Oblivion using only 4 shuttles but both stations today - we had to wait for the one behind to arrive before we could disembark.

Thirteen's 3rd train is in bits, the cars are currently to the left of Rita's 1st brake run

WM has 1 functional train currently as discussed.

Galactica has 2 trains available, only 1 station was in use this morning. I suspect even if they had all 3 trains they'd struggle to staff both stations.

Smiler on 3, often waiting for a train as the baggage store has sped up boarding.

Spinball appeared to be on 5, didn't ride as it broke down just as we entered the area.

So yeah, few issues still.

Given the reports from the buy out days, it feels like it would be more notable if they didn't have headaches like this.

Wicker Man is the real head scratcher.

I wasn’t there today so can’t comment on actual queue times, but from the app at least it seems to have been a successful opening day on the whole, apart from Wickerman being on 1 train. Bar the odd spike, all major rides seemed to be 60 mins or less which for a sell out day is a success in my eyes.

Talking more young audience capacity, both get set go and in the night garden were missing near 1/2 of there boats/ cars today with long gaps of empty stations… and Very long queues as a result…. Really cant be that hard todo winter checks on the night garden boats ?

Given the reports from the buy out days, it feels like it would be more notable if they didn't have headaches like this.

Wicker Man is the real head scratcher.

From all reports it was meant to have two but one failed checks

I’ve got to say, whilst I’m normally somewhat a harsh critic of the Resort, it did feel as though they had cleaned, tidied and refreshed a lot of areas yesterday. Lots of bits of repainting, like the handrails of the monorail station, the fences on the walkway from Spinball to X Sector and Woodcutters had all gotten some love. In fact, Woodcutters had even got a complete new set of windows.

I’m sure the nice weather helped, but the park felt a lot less grubby and a lot more fresh than it has in recent past for me. Let’s hope they continue with these little touches that have been missing for so long.

The park looked great yesterday, really tidy. It was busy but not as crazy as I thought it would be. We got on all the coasters apart from smiler, wickerman and mine train. Wickerman because the queue was insane all day and smiler because the person I was with couldn’t decide if they wanted to go on it or not. Mine train we thought we’d save for when we are there with the kids. We got food around lunchtime from the burger place in mutiny bay and queued for about 5 minutes.

I was expecting it to be rammed with 2 hour queues everywhere and at least a half an hour wait for food, but it wasn’t that bad. Went on nemesis twice, later in the day it had broken down but we got in the queue anyway and 5 minutes later it was running again. Didn’t realise it was its 28th birthday so that was cool getting my partner on it for the first ever time. I was checking the app and it was still showing that nemesis was closed for a good 15minutes after it had reopened. Apart from wickerman with it’s one lonely train, and galactica with all the faffing, throughput on the rides was good. Staying open till 6 really helped.

Does anyone know why Hex is still down? I’m sure it was also down for the last few weeks of 2021 season too but could be wrong.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.