• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I expected it to be much cheaper given the theme park was mostly closed but that price is similar to what you would pay in open season

I mean at least they've got 2 rides open and Heave Ho is the best ride in the park.

Just looking at the hotel prices for the upcoming season. Are they having an actual laugh? Bearing in mind this is purely for bed and breakfast, no park tickets included.

0581CFC8-0818-4287-9222-A4806471D2C2.jpeg
That’s clearly a very busy weekend!

How did the other hotels compare?

What’s a quad room?

Never heard that one before for a shed.

I priced up a Friday and Saturday night for 2 adults a 1 child. ATH was £533 and Splash the same price for some reason. Enchanted was a little bit more and CBeebies extortionate at £577.

When you consider that doesn’t include any meals and the theme park is closed except for 2 rides. I was expecting it to be something like £199 a night

Rather strangely Towers are selling day tickets at £15pp for the theme park for Feb half term.

The open attractions are Heave Ho, Marauders and Sealife.

From: https://twitter.com/altontowers/status/1612492324734476289?s=46&t=cLu7vUsCTOYekPWEMdLBdA

Interesting for them to use the words motley crew in their marketing for a children's event, seeing as the most prominent thing in popular culture with that name is "Mötley Crüe", which is pronounced the same.

A band who are very, very well known for their industrial scale use of illegal drugs, rampant alcohol usage, massive scale sexualisation of women and rather excellent heavy rock and roll music.

Last edited:
Motley crew...a mixed group with a common goal, been round as a definition for a couple of hundred years...well known to all.
Motley Crue...Second rate american heavy metal band from the eighties, known by heavy metallers and not very mainstream at all.
Can't see any confusion here, even amongst rockers.
Pirates have been around for a n awful lot longer than yankee plank spankers.

Motley crew...a mixed group with a common goal, been round as a definition for a couple of hundred years...well known to all.
Motley Crue...Second rate american heavy metal band from the eighties, known by heavy metallers and not very mainstream at all.
Can't see any confusion here, even amongst rockers.
Pirates have been around for a n awful lot longer than yankee plank spankers.

I see your point, personally I was not aware of the other use of the name, probably because of my ignorance. I stand corrected.

I see your point, personally I was not aware of the other use of the name, probably because of my ignorance. I stand corrected.
Not ignorance mate, I'm just a sad word freak, semantics to pedantics is my own personal range on the spectrum...good old..."I wonder what he meant by that?"
Bet you are a bit of a metal freak though...
Jeff Beck...jeez.

High prices also set high expectations. People, especially those staying for the first time will think it will be magic, there has to be something which happens and makes it worth those prices. Then they will have breakfast and realise that actually no, it’s just overpriced.
Maybe, Alton Towers will take notice when the TripAdvisor scores drop further, but I can’t see that happening. Also not sure if the scores will drop that much further as there does seem to be many people who score fairly average experiences high.

Only £10 more than my merlin discovery pass that's a bit annoying. My pass only includes off peak days so have to pay extra for scarefest
Maybe ask at Box Office if you can upgrade for a tenner?

Edit - Didn't realise it was a comparison of a Merlin Pass vs a Towers only pass.

Only £10 more than my merlin discovery pass that's a bit annoying. My pass only includes off peak days so have to pay extra for scarefest
But the Discovery Pass also gets you into four other theme parks, a castle and numerous other attractions. Can't really compare to a single park pass.
For those who can easily visit on weekdays I still think Discovery is a fantastic price.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.