• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Maybe it's not been cold enough for me to ever realise it couldn't. So it can't operate in the cold or rain. Outdoor ride in the uk by the way. Sort out the rain problem or get rid
On one of the many drone videos recently, work was being carried out on both lift hills and you could clearly see pairs of motors had been removed - whether that is standard winter maintenance or replacement I don't know. But all the tyres on all the other pairs looked new. Hopefully whatever they've done is a more permanent fix for the rain issue.

Maybe it's not been cold enough for me to ever realise it couldn't. So it can't operate in the cold or rain. Outdoor ride in the uk by the way. Sort out the rain problem or get rid
It used to operate in the cold (never seen it close cause of temp until a couple of seasons ago) and the rain thing was okay new two years ago I think.

I was told today it had to be over 4 degrees for 13 to open and it been between 3 and 4 at towers most of the day. There were plenty of staff around today, if anything sometimes too many as they were getting in each others way.

Wickerman went down just before 5 but they got it back up quickly, and the staff were really friendly about it.

It’s been one of the best days I’ve ever had at towers and I wasn’t expecting that considering we weren’t going to go as nemesis is everyone’s favourite

I don't see why it wouldn't be, but I am pretty anxious about this new soundtrack being good considering how badly Vampire's music was ruined in 2020. The old soundtrack was totally fine.
I’m not sure the area soundtrack is necessarily changing; it sounds as though Congo River Rapids has simply had a new soundtrack.

Besides, I think Alton Towers’ in-house soundtracks are done by a different person to Chessington’s. Simon Allen does a lot of Towers’, whereas Nick Hutson does a lot at Chessington.

As long as CRRs soundtrack is good and Graham Smarts RMT music stays, I'm a happy man, but the TLC for Katanga Kanyon looks wonderful!

As long as CRRs soundtrack is good and Graham Smarts RMT music stays, I'm a happy man, but the TLC for Katanga Kanyon looks wonderful!
I think Graham Smart didn't do the old Katanga soundtrack. There also was never any RMT music, or am I misremembering.
I also think the old Katanga music is well past it and ripe for something new. It was replaced years ago already but randomly brought back if I remember

Im not a tech elitist but the rapids speaker installation looks shocking, surely that's not how the park agreed it would be done?

I think Graham Smart didn't do the old Katanga soundtrack. There also was never any RMT music, or am I misremembering.
I also think the old Katanga music is well past it and ripe for something new. It was replaced years ago already but randomly brought back if I remember

Im not a tech elitist but the rapids speaker installation looks shocking, surely that's not how the park agreed it would be done?
tbf they installed a lot of the smilers new speakers back in 2021 the exact same way, they look very obvious and out of theme next to the rapids. they won’t have to worry about water on them though as there is no splashes on the rapids haha

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.