• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Apologies if this isn’t the best thread for this (I wasn’t sure where else to put this) but I thought this post on Towers socials was a little strange.

02d620bb5501b06f6ee7b145c82ad2a3.jpg

I thought put prominent use of the word wizard was quite interesting. Sorry if missing something or reading too much in to it but there aren’t currently any Wizard themed attractions at Towers so it seemed a bit odd theme to go with when promoting the MAP doesn’t it? I know that LLW has a couple of rides that could be associated with wizards but I wonder why they used that word alongside a picture of the Smiler?

I know I’ve harped on about this in a few posts, and while I appreciate the effort is there, but is the constant addition of random vinyl signs everywhere they can possibly put them really what the UK’s top park should be doing in place of actual theming?

If you look at the likes of Phantasialand who do actually plus there theming of existing areas, its a bit embarrassing. There are multiple examples of the older ‘themed’ signage being replaced with cheap vinyl versions - see Edge Games, Sky Ride and Monorail as examples. I suppose they take the view that everyday guests wont notice, but it looks tremendously cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

these two logos have been sat in the maintenance shed for at least a few years, i remember seeing these along with a few others in the 2020 opening day documentary
Is this the first time that these logos have come out of that maintenance shed or have they been added (and subsequently removed) before?

Is this the first time that these logos have come out of that maintenance shed or have they been added (and subsequently removed) before?
They have also been put on the wall wrong, the Smiler logo should always be at an angle (notice the black lines either side, they should be horizontal). I imagine someone has just found them in the maintenance bay and just shoved them on the wall.

I have to say the smiler is the worse ride on park for the state it’s currently in. I will let them off for a buy out day, but if it still looks the way it did on Sunday by opening then the management need sacking!

There’s mould across most of the ceiling going up the stairs, there’s mould near the op cabin, cobwebs and dust everywhere, The walls up the stairs are filthy, paint faded all over the place, speakers not working at the bottom of the second lift hill, the queue line needs a major jet wash, so does the station.

They have also been put on the wall wrong, the Smiler logo should always be at an angle (notice the black lines either side, they should be horizontal). I imagine someone has just found them in the maintenance bay and just shoved them on the wall.

I have to say the smiler is the worse ride on park for the state it’s currently in. I will let them off for a buy out day, but if it still looks the way it did on Sunday by opening then the management need sacking!

There’s mould across most of the ceiling going up the stairs, there’s mould near the op cabin, cobwebs and dust everywhere, The walls up the stairs are filthy, paint faded all over the place, speakers not working at the bottom of the second lift hill, the queue line needs a major jet wash, so does the station.
I'm a little surprised that they haven't spruced it up for its 10th anniversary yet. Hopefully they will soon.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.