• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
F for those who wanted this ride to be a family orientated ghost train...

Can't help but feel that family friendly ghost train is a bit of an oxymoron to me. I didn't enjoy the original Haunted House (nor many spooky rides) in my youth.

If Towers are able to make this ride both well themed and scare intensive, then this will be, by far, the best ghost train in the UK.

Being better than the one at Brean is not exactly the headiest of heights.

I’m not sure if I can read this topic anymore with all these dolls faces, dammit the ride hasn’t even reopened yet and already things are just too creepy! 😂

When you search up the curse Alton Towers in Google, you just get results relating to the Chained Oak tree.

So blah. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wouldn't be surprised if Towers try and incorporate a piece of local legend into this attraction.

Huh? Are we really going on the assumption of a "local legend" off the back of a Google for "The Curse" and coming up with Hex 😂? There's absolutely zero suggestion of that being a thing at the moment, Hex appears purely because it's related to...you know...a hex.

A ride called hex right next to a dark forest and now potentially a curse in a gloomy wood. I reckon there’s a very well used thesaurus sitting in the Merlin offices somewhere.

Wait! Another thought…are they going down the route of live actors jumping out on you, just like Saw Alive (which was awful)? It could be good, live dolls jumping out on you! 😂😂

Here’s the Google search results - see for yourself.

Zero suggestion of what being a thing, I don’t follow you @Craig?
Think he means that there is zero suggestion of Duel's retheme being based on a local legend (which is correct). It's almost certainly going to be based around Emily Alton and the dolls house, but we'll all find out when it opens.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.