• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

Please tell me I'm not the only person who - when people say "this part of the ride", "that part of the ride, or "it can't be at that point because this section is first" etc - has absolutely no idea where they are referring to within the ride as I can't remember the layout of Duel?!?

:D

Glad it isn't just me. I was too intent trying to spot and shoot little green lights to notice details or pay attention to layout.

Crumbs. I've only gone and (maybe) proven my previous post wrong. In CONDUCTR's promo video, you can see the following banner:

image_upscaled.png

Well, I was rewatching the new TV ad, and guess what (brightened copy on the right with my poor markings on it):
1678894193391.png1678894442363.png

Looks like CONDUCTR are involved, at least in some capacity, since the promo video actually came out (much) *before* this TV ad did. That said, the font is actually different? so, not sure what's gone on there.
Yeh, looks like the Grand Hall with Emily at the back of the room, just like the ad. Floor pattern matches too. If it incorporates some of the stuff in their promo vid the ride should be very good.
grand hall.png

Crumbs. I've only gone and (maybe) proven my previous post wrong. In CONDUCTR's promo video, you can see the following banner:

image_upscaled.png

Well, I was rewatching the new TV ad, and guess what (brightened copy on the right with my poor markings on it):
1678894193391.png1678894442363.png

Looks like CONDUCTR are involved, at least in some capacity, since the promo video actually came out (much) *before* this TV ad did. That said, the font is actually different? so, not sure what's gone on there.
Perhaps they were using the concept art as some sort of creative stimulus rather than actually being involved? Honestly I have no clue haha

I'd assume there's a combination of using existing dark ride attractions as a baseline for brainstorming potential improvements using their new technology and then more detailed designs to be used as a pitch for The Curse at Alton Manor. The video is an advertisement for what is possible after all.

As others have pointed out, the video is 6 months old so the level of involvement could be entirely different to what's potentially being demonstrated in it.

I would argue that the concept art is for duel, especially the far end image with resemblance of the facade.
Capture.PNG
When I said "probably not" I meant that it is probably not the case that they were just using concept art for this ride as a creative stimulus for some other ride ideas. I think this definitely is for TCAAM.
Or am I misunderstanding your comment. Your comment could be interpreted as you thinking that TCAAM is nothing to do with Duel, TCAAM is a retheme of Duel, the facade isn't changing.

Well then, I've just realised with this about to open, Thorpe's reworked Ghost Train and also the surprise news that Valhalla is back for the next month, can we say that 2023 is the year of the British dark ride then?
Year of the regurgitated dark ride maybe, but it's still a good thing!

Reactions: Ash
Just had an interesting thought... I can't find the post that has the photo but does anyone else think that the angle which the Fastrack steps are positions makes the space between them look like the opened dolls house?

That's a great advert, in my opinion. Creepy.
It still looks like a five seater though unless I'm missing something.

We've seen this shot too many times now that it must be a version of one of the new scenes.

I'm thinking this is the replacement for the Gloomy Garden. Given what we know about the ride's story, this would be about the right point in the ride where a scene like this would fit in.
1678887062784.png

The only other spot that the ride layout would work for a scene like this is around the Trommel, but this seems too early in the ride for this scene.

I'd actually be disappointed if it wasn't now. Looks creepy.

Despite my initial reservations the more images that are appearing the better this looks.

Also think the lighting in the photo used in my original slating comment was probably for promo purposes. Looks a lot better in the dulled down images seen.

e276642d810de35cf00d2c1c298ea91e.jpg

So do you think there be any changes in the Que line?

Possibly Wallpaper like the above, updated moving portraits etc?

Also will there be no POV of this at all on opening day if guests aren't allowed there phone on ride?
I'm guessing we will still get to see the que line, new shop and surrounds. Then again swear "This Morning always go on a new ride? For those who can't get to Alton towers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk