• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Alpenexpress & Tiroler Wildwasserbahn Rebuild

Screenshot_2024-01-30_at_21.22.11.png

It's going up!
Source

Official update from Michael Mack showing that Alpenexpress has gone vertical and the new trough for the log flume is onsite:

Looks like a lot of this is to be installed imminently!

Certainly before the end of March unless we are going to have to poll vault over track when visiting Spain 😂

According to Ann-Kathrin Mack on a Spotify podcast, this project is currently all on time and set to open towards the start of the season.
Let's hope some time in the first month of the season. It would certainly be ideal if it was all ready in time for the busy Easter period. 🤔

I'll not lie, I'm happy to hear the Dragon is coming back in some form, and hopefully they will be able to recreate at least some of the atmosphere of the Diamond Mine that we lost.

As someone who doesn't visit Europa all that often, I am probably slightly more intrigued to see what they do with this new experience than most other things that I've yet to try out.

A couple of new photos showing recent progress on the Austrian developments. Lots of Alpenexpress track is now in, supports for the log flume lift hill are up and it looks like they are getting ready to re-paint the rockwork that supports the top of the log flume lift/drop to match the colour of the new rockwork in the area.

3c3158a5-97f0-491e-8f6d-e31994e86416-jpeg.20460

d4daeabe-7454-4b2d-acab-20065cb2a20f-jpeg.20461

Sources: ArthurG'Parkfan - Discord EP4ever and ontourheroes on Instagram, via coastersworld.fr

When do you think they'll realise that giant yellow crane is now completely enclosed by coaster track...
Looks like they'll need a crane to take the crane out.

Michael Mack has shared some drone footage of the redevelopment site:

There is so much to see in such a short video! Looks like much of the log flume trough is in place and theming works are progressing on both the Austria and Spain sides of the site. It's all looking so good as well!