• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Alpenexpress & Tiroler Wildwasserbahn Rebuild

Would you prefer to ride it without any restraints? I would feel unsafe.

The single position shared lap bars like before was my preference, but the new restraints aren't a surprise.

Would I ride it sans restraints? Yes, but I don't expect them to do that. I've done a few things without them but not something I'd expect

Looks great. On board audio please.
A little bit hard to tell, but it does not appear that there are any speakers in the train for onboard audio. I guess the Coastiality VR is a barrier to having onboard audio, especially as the number of VR rows varies by demand.

The single position shared lap bars like before was my preference, but the new restraints aren't a surprise.

Would I ride it sans restraints? Yes, but I don't expect them to do that. I've done a few things without them but not something I'd expect
OK, then I misunderstood. :) I personally am happy, because the former shared bars were less then ideal when 2 persons with big differences in body size shared a bar.

OK, then I misunderstood. :) I personally am happy, because the former shared bars were less then ideal when 2 persons with big differences in body size shared a bar.
That's the thing, these new trains will be more accommodating thanks to you individual restraints. That is a positive in my opinion.

I've never really been a fan of the new restraint design, mainly due to how uncomfortable they are on Flying Fish, hopefully with new track the profiling should go some way to offsetting that though. I also expect lower throughput due to there being twice as many restraints to check compared with the old trains.

The new train (which is brand new) has left the factory and arrived at the park!

Needless to say it looks lovely, and a nice little nod to the original Grottenblitz name on the back of the train.

Love these new trains!

Can't wait to see this ride come back to life

I've never really been a fan of the new restraint design, mainly due to how uncomfortable they are on Flying Fish, hopefully with new track the profiling should go some way to offsetting that though. I also expect lower throughput due to there being twice as many restraints to check compared with the old trains.

I can’t recall whether they started to check more recently, but there’s certainly rides we’ve had on the old ride where they were a happy not to check restraints. The new restraints however don’t really bother me. If anything I quite like that the seats are slightly higher and so are easier to get in and out of.

Michael Mack has confirmed a new VR experience for Alpenexpress Coastiality once it re-opens; Fina & The Yomis: Magical World of Diamonds:

Diamond Mine lives on in VR! Now all we need is Vineta VR for Scandinavia...!

They’re really going all in with the Yomis aren’t they?

This season we’ll have them on Josefina, throughout the Diamond Mine area, in the Enchanted Forest Theatre and now on the mine train.

They’re really going all in with the Yomis aren’t they?

This season we’ll have them on Josefina, throughout the Diamond Mine area, in the Enchanted Forest Theatre and now on the mine train.

The year is 2030, Yomis have taken over the entire park and ousted the Mack family from power in a bloody coup. EuroMir has been rebuilt but now you circle giant Yomi statues to pay homage.

I'd assumed they already had a Yomis film on Alpenexpress, it doesn't usually take them very long to slap their Mack IP of the month onto it

The sign for the shop Edelstein Grotte has been installed, and lights up in the dark - looks a tad Nemesis Reborn but worth remembering it might just be a test of the lights and not necessarily the colour that will be used in operation
index.php

source

EDIT:
Lights testing inside one of the new tunnel scenes.

From: https://x.com/libertwiebe/status/1769481546329673856?s=46&t=1XgXqqRsapPIRZScQoJ18Q

Last edited:
The dragon will soon be back!

Still looks like there is quite a lot to be finished on this project, so a May opening would be my guess at the moment. Can't really complain seeing as this time last year it hadn't even burnt down!