• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Alpenexpress & Tiroler Wildwasserbahn Rebuild

Hmm... slightly concerned by the promotion. I hope it's hinting that the undamaged area is also getting more themeing. But If that's meant to be the new cave section (now just outside) it's a massive downgrade from the diamond mine. I'm hoping the lack of the train means it's the former.

There has been some speculation/rumour they won't rebuild the hall as before but rather go for a rockwork heavy landscape with small indoor sections. Hopefully a clearer concept is released soon enough to confirm their plans.

Yeah, so I'm not personally keen on that. The charm of the old mine is that it was a hidden gem (pardon the pun) that you'd have no idea existed until you found it. And then it openeded up into quite a big scene.
A collection of small caves is still neat, but doesn't replace what was lost.

A clearer zoomed version now exists. Certainly looks more like both rides through a landscape with a "walkthrough" outdoor path? Or maybe they are splitting the site in half and making a smaller version of the hall? Either way it is clear the rides' theming will be dramatically different to before. Does look rather great if delivered as such. Gives me some Magic Valley in Toverland VIBES with the paths by waterfalls.
Unbenannt.jpg

Last edited:
I quite like it. If the rock work is anything like that then I’m all for it.

Hopefully they’ll be some enclosed parts with a nod to the diamond mine.

Alpen express ICE powered by Deutsche Bahn?

A clearer zoomed version now exists. Certainly looks more like both rides through a landscape with a "walkthrough" outdoor path? Or maybe they are splitting the site in half and making a smaller version of the hall? Either way it is clear the rides' theming will be dramatically different to before. Does look rather great if delivered as such. Gives me some Magic Valley in Toverland VIBES with the paths by waterfalls.
Unbenannt.jpg

As much as the design is nice - I'm heartbroken the indoor walkthrough diamonds mind isn't coming back - it was truly one of my favourite areas and space in the park - truly immersive and somewhere to escape - this has made me quite sad TBH!

I did think it could be a good opportunity to add interactive elements, for example HK Disneylands fairytale walkthrough, Toverland's new Avalon diorama trail or indeed Toverlands wooden ball rolling activity over their log flume!

Roland Mack made these remarks in a recent podcast confirming a new theming design and new trains. No mention of Welt Der Diamanten.
We have two attractions to bring back to life through the fire. We are already working day and night. The goal is to start again in the spring, with a changed optical perception for the guests. With new trains and a new infrastructure. I think it will be really, really great what we have in mind!
https://open.spotify.com/episode/45ZWN77XgY1FgavjgMo33F

They're aiming to have them both done by spring? Wow, that will be somewhat impressive!

Could new trains be something that's lost in translation? Sometimes you do see ride's themselves referred to as trains.

I wonder whether they’ll take the opportunity to update the ride with their new trains? If so, I’m not sure how I feel about it.

A reopening in Spring is great news though.

Could new trains be something that's lost in translation? Sometimes you do see ride's themselves referred to as trains.
When it's the word Bahn can mean ride or train when translated. However Roland did use the word 'Zügen' which means trains. Although the use of plural is odd/perhaps a mistake.

„Wir haben durch den Brand zwei Attraktionen in das Leben zurückzuholen. Da sind wir auch schon Tag und Nacht am Arbeiten. Das Ziel ist, im Frühjahr wieder an den Start zu gehen, mit einer veränderten optischen Wahrnehmung für die Gäste. Mit neuen Zügen und einer neuen Infrastruktur. Ich glaube, es wird ganz, ganz toll was wir da vorhaben!“

Reactions: Rob