• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

Not surprised especially as other parks work on new pass offerings too that it is taking a while to confirm it. Phantasialand for instance has yet to present whatever they're doing and Efteling is strongly rumoured to be working on tiered passes too.

Overall there has expectedly been some backlash over the pricing however I expected nothing less really and when you consider the day ticket prices and all that's included it is quite fairly priced imo.

My first reaction was that it's all very expensive, which of course it is. But the more I think about it, the more it does seem fair. If you can avoid the blackout dates and make two 3/4 day trips in a year, then the Silver pass is good value.

If you intend to go on blackout dates, and also wish to visit Rulantica on your trips, then the Gold pass can is value for money with 7 or more days on park over the 12 months.

Rulantica being included for two days on Gold has a cost value of €85 to €90. THis makes it better value, especially with partner perks. Also, visiting over Christmas necessitates the Gold pass.

Hope it includes Efteling, Blackpool and so on.

To my knowledge, Phantasialand have abandoned any sort of pass.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Rulantica being included for two days on Gold has a cost value of €85 to €90. THis makes it better value, especially with partner perks. Also, visiting over Christmas necessitates the Gold pass.
Only if you would have gone to Rulantica anyway. Also, partner perks also apply to Silver. And blackout days are only a problem if you want to visit on a lot of them AND do not want to stay in the resort. I think therefore, Silver is in many cases the better value. It also makes sense for the park to inflate the price of Gold, since the main function of the new card system is to avoid to high visitor numbers at the most frequented dates.

1647518446858.png

From the press conference. What's all this stuff?
I was wondering the same. They kept talking about Franco-German relations and then something about gastronomy I think. That’s based off my very dodgy French interpretation of the German translator!

Elsewhere, it looks like we’ve got a host of new shows announced, including:

A new fountain show in the lake
458EF0FC-1DE1-4EAE-B740-5F035FADCE08.jpeg

A relocation of the bubble show to seemingly replace the rather charming puppet show.
FC444A25-D2FF-407A-9BCE-5BAA90CE8727.jpeg

A new magic show in Italy
31015917-EBFC-4E23-A812-B4AE55EEE6D1.jpeg

A new show in the Spanish arena
72FB5F5E-8C7B-43DA-A024-8FA606F9E8AC.jpeg

A new ice show theme to the Adventurers Club of Europe
01F2006A-6C7A-4423-A689-E21B3BE6A5E5.jpeg

A rehash of Abraka Shakespeare in England
50578CC8-DBEA-45CB-A642-B676B7BD6FF5.jpeg

And lastly a new film for Magic Cinema
1EE6AA4C-CB31-4EA1-B028-530CA228282E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
1647518446858.png

From the press conference. What's all this stuff?
Mack NeXT have set up/are setting up an office in France. And Ollwiller is the Chateau and vineyard Roland bought in February 2020. Their businesses existing on both sides of the border are promoted as signs of their commitments to German-French relations.

For those of you who love the Flammlachs stand in Iceland for a snack... here are the 2022 opening dates!

The definition of a Flammlachs is half of a split salmon pegged to a wooden plank, which is positioned vertically in front of a wood fire and drizzled during roasting with a saltwater solution.

The stand is run as a concession by the daredevil Traber family, after the Mack family gifted it to them following a serious accident when one of the Traber family was performing. The family used to perform at Europa-Park.

1647893056554.png
1647893182731.png

Sylvia isn’t my favourite coaster at EP, but it was my first coaster there, so it’ll always hold a special place in my heart.

It’s interesting that over the past few years there’s been a resurgence in appreciation for Silver Star. It was derided by many for years as a formulaic, vanilla ride.

Good to see it’s now getting the appreciation it deserves.

I can’t say I have done many B&M hyper coasters (Shambala, Silvia and Mako) and it certainly is the weaker of the three for the majority of the ride but I would say it’s last third of the circuit is better than the last third of both mako and Shambala.