• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

Yes as I said above they are the biggest green energy producer per capita of any country in the world.
Apologies; I must have missed that bit!
Not particularly. The actual main ride area, queue and station are a consistent theme of an Iceland landscape and an Energy Research Institute (the station building). Minus the logos on the trains and signage - only the building where the entrance and first section of the queue passes through was full of Gazprom propaganda. Always made for an unwelcome jarring difference in styles in my opinion opposed to subtler sponsorships at other rides.
Ah right; I wonder what they’ll do with that bit of it, then, if anything?

I look forward to hopefully experiencing Blue Fire for myself in April; it looks like a fun ride!

For the moment they'll probably just turn off the screens and the queue will pass through a plain building. It's too close to the start of the season to do more than a cover job.

On the subject of Icelands energy situation, its worth looking up some time. The whole island is an active volcano and they get most of their power directly from the ground. Makes it a great place for any tech companies that need a lot of cheap power.
Like I said before it's likely why they chose energy as the theme for the ride.

I imagine they will just play some generic videos if they haven’t got a sponsor, either just EP promo stuff or I guess one generic shots of Iceland.

Also having been to Iceland recently and having visited a power plant, I can confirm they very just use pretty much 100% renewable energy. I’m not sure any of those would sponsor a random ride in Germany.

Surely a pretty easy fix with Mack Media or Mack Solutions or Mack Next… whatever they’re called these days.

I can only imagine them salivating at the opportunity to produce another video package.

Hi All, a quick question and it may seem silly, but are the theme Park restaurants open past park closing or do they shut with the park?

Hi All, a quick question and it may seem silly, but are the theme Park restaurants open past park closing or do they shut with the park?

Open past ride close will include Mario's Pizza (takeaway), Europa-Park Rock Café, Walter's Wurst (if it re-opens, it has been closed since C-19) and Burger Bar. Typically these will open up to 1 hour after ride close. Some others are also sometimes open slightly later than close (Italian and/or French areas) - but this depends on crowds.

There are also plenty of eateries in the village, and of course the hotel restaurants.

Following the removal of the Gazprom/Nord Stream 2 sponsor in response to the war in Ukraine the park have also planted flowers forming the symbol of peace in front of Bell Rock.
FM_1XBiXMAIFfbT

Additionally by the park entrance the Russian flag has been removed.
FM_s1MhXEAAbk77

Is it possible that they might be shutting the Russia themed area? Or are they likely not to have gone for a course of action that major?

Is it possible that they might be shutting the Russia themed area? Or are they likely not to have gone for a course of action that major?
I mean it would be easy to do with it only having Bench and Euromir, but you’ve also got the train that runs kind of through the area, plus the parade goes through it.

I wouldn’t think they would go that dramatic to lose capacity but you never know.

Maybe they’ll just remove mentions of the world Russia from park maps, etc even though the area will still be Russian.

I mean it would be easy to do with it only having Bench and Euromir, but you’ve also got the train that runs kind of through the area, plus the parade goes through it.

I wouldn’t think they would go that dramatic to lose capacity but you never know.

Maybe they’ll just remove mentions of the world Russia from park maps, etc even though the area will still be Russian.
I think that's probably the most likely option. If they've gone to the effort to remove the flag off the entrance I think there's a possibility that the area's name will just be removed from maps and some prominent signs while talks are undertaken whether to retheme the area entirely or just remove it from the limelight until things (hopefully) die down.

Could they not theme the area to one of the old Soviet republics that aren't to distant from Russia cultural wise? Would be an relatively easy quick solution.

I'd imagine the area stays the same. The country and people aren't really at fault. The old traditional folk street and historic Mir aren't necessarily linked to the current government's actions.

I imagine it's more a case of not wanting to have the flag proudly hanging over your entrance as a first impression to guests with what is currently going on.
Whether it changes/influences future plans with the upcoming refurbishment of Euromir (which like Eurosat probably will include refreshing the area too) I guess we will see.

EDIT:
In fact Europa Park has commented on the situation in Facebook comments.
index.php

"We do not have a closure or renaming planned. The Russian themed area of Europa Park represents the history, craftsmanship and culture of this Nation. The buildings and materials in their theme go back in history and mirror the wide traditions of the people of this country."

Last edited:
Indeed. I do not see any need to eradicate the Russian themed area of the park at this moment in time. EP’s own answer sums it up perfectly.

Equally removing the flag from a prominent position at the entrance of the park is also a sensible move.