• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

Just a note from a team point of view despite edits which have taken place. If you'd like to speculate about the incident then feel free, but for future reference blaming specific companies/individuals etc should not feature in posts. This is particularly the case when there's no solid evidence as to who operated the diving show or indeed setup the equipment such as the pool. Thanks!

Whatever the case - it needs to be a team effort between contractors and the park, If I were the park I'd want my in-house team to give it a once over (or more) especially as it interacts with an attraction!

Interestingly the incident hasn’t been mentioned on the EP Twitter accounts for DE, NL and UK

The French Twitter account however has been the only one to actually put out a statement, and also has so far put out 34 replies of the same statement 😂

“Safety is a top priority at Europa-Park Resort. It is implemented daily by our trained personnel using a detailed security concept. Europa-Park is an extremely safe place.
With 6M visitors & 4800 employees, Europa-Park can be considered a small city. Incidents have taken place, it is regrettable, but each must be seen independently. These incidents took place without major damage and the procedures worked smoothly.” (Translated with Google)

Interestingly the incident hasn’t been mentioned on the EP Twitter accounts for DE, NL and UK

The French Twitter account however has been the only one to actually put out a statement, and also has so far put out 34 replies of the same statement 😂
"Without major damage" 😂 how many rides have they had to rebuild so far 🤣

Had amazing second visit to Europa- the weather has been very hot and sunny. The park while felt busy, not as busy as expected, in terms of ride queues anyway especially over the weekend, Thursday was by far busiest day with queues more than double what have been this weekend. Today a Sunday in august, with perfect blue skies and 33 degree temps- major rides 20-25 mins max, others 1-5 mins. We have done 25 ish rides today, inc a quick 30 min visit back to hotel, not rushing and having some breaks and leaving park at about 6.15pm, (was open until 7.30). That includes multiple rides on major coasters as well (wooden and blue fire 4 times each). When you think of the handful of rides you would manage in that time frame at a Merlin park in august!

Back to Orlando next summer but need to find away to budget a return trip to Europa maybe in may half term , especially with the new coaster opening.

Last edited:
Currently at EP I’ve never been before. This really is an incredible park, I love it! Honestly a world class resort and best theme park I’ve ever visited. We’ve got two days here and it just isn’t enough.

Scary incident though; queueing up for the rapids and a MASSIVE branch of one of the willow trees spontaneously breaks off and falls into the water trough and queue line. Amazingly everyone got out of the way so avoided injury. A group of people in the queue line jumped over the fence and quickly pulled it out of the way before an oncoming boat could hit it. Took four people to move it. It’s no one’s fault and just unfortunate but it could easily have been a terrible accident.

Currently at EP I’ve never been before. This really is an incredible park, I love it! Honestly a world class resort and best theme park I’ve ever visited. We’ve got two days here and it just isn’t enough.

Scary incident though; queueing up for the rapids and a MASSIVE branch of one of the willow trees spontaneously breaks off and falls into the water trough and queue line. Amazingly everyone got out of the way so avoided injury. A group of people in the queue line jumped over the fence and quickly pulled it out of the way before an oncoming boat could hit it. Took four people to move it. It’s no one’s fault and just unfortunate but it could easily have been a terrible accident.
The park is at fault if they haven't managed their trees effectively.
Willows are well known for shedding branches.

So what you're suggesting here is that while the ride was running, during the approximately 12-second gap between boats, a branch of a tree fell off and into the trough, several people in the queue noticed this, collectively decided to move it out of the way together, all climbed over the fence into the ride area and lifted the branch out of the way before the next boat went past. Was one of them in possession of Bernard's Watch?

So what you're suggesting here is that while the ride was running, during the approximately 12-second gap between boats, a branch of a tree fell off and into the trough, several people in the queue noticed this, collectively decided to move it out of the way together, all climbed over the fence into the ride area and lifted the branch out of the way before the next boat went past. Was one of them in possession of Bernard's Watch?

I’m not suggesting I’m telling you what I saw with my own eyes yesterday. What do you want, a video and photographic evidence?

It was half in and half out of the trough, a boat went passed and nearly hit it and a group of people managed to get it out barely before it hit the next boat.

Quick question regarding Valerian VR on Eurosat. Does it go backwards at some point because it feels like it does, or is it an illusion with the headset?

I was trying to work out how it would do that and can’t get my head around it.

Quick question regarding Valerian VR on Eurosat. Does it go backwards at some point because it feels like it does, or is it an illusion with the headset?

I was trying to work out how it would do that and can’t get my head around it.

It doesn’t go backwards, the rollercoaster is exactly the same as CanCan.

Winter season staple the Erdinger Hut is returning for the first time since before covid
index.php

Source

In a bit of a retrograde move, the tapas bar Bodega seems to have been retooled to become a burger restaurant. Whilst the tapas themselves were never anything spectacular, it’s a real shame to see variety disappearing from the park’s catering lineup.

Attachments

• IMG_2180.jpeg
    IMG_2180.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2179.jpeg
    IMG_2179.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 37
Can't remember the last time I even saw Bodega open. Looks like it is currently open Thursday until Monday from 12pm until 5pm; the burgers do sound nice to be fair but I would rather it be open as a tapas bar!

It reopened not so long ago in its pre-covid incarnation before this change, having been closed since 2020. Even before Covid though, it was generally only open Wednesday-Saturday.

Fancy owning a Eurosat car? You can do so for the princely sum of €1,800 (so far) as part of the IAAPA Europe auction. It started at 1,700 with shipping to be arranged by the buyer at the expo last week, but this has now been thrown in as part of the deal.

1696584062242.png

If you're mad enough, you can bid here.