• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

It is not. Especially when HB Leisure give you waders that have holes in them, so when you get out your socks smell like goose s***.
We prefer the term guano, and it's an incredibly sought after fertiliser, thank you very much.

You don't see me, or my cousins, coming and having a splash about in your toilet. Respect our habitat!

Much offence taken.

🪿 X

We prefer the term guano, and it's an incredibly sought after fertiliser, thank you very much.

You don't see me, or my cousins, coming and having a splash about in your toilet. Respect our habitat!

Much offence taken.

🪿 X
I thought that was just bats? Are you moonlighting as a mammal?

Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Just planning our scarefest visit, golf says a 6pm close yet last entry 10pm ?!

Assume it's a mind boggling glitch!

Huh ?!
New for 2024: Extraordinary Golf- in the dark! We turn off the flood lights and you have to find your golf ball - in the DARK! Watch out for the broken bits of themeing and outdated holes! *optional upgrade of a torch (£20pp)

Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Just planning our scarefest visit, golf says a 6pm close yet last entry 10pm ?!

Assume it's a mind boggling glitch!

Huh ?!

It looks like you were maybe viewing the page as they were in the process of updating.

The opening hours of golf have been for it to stay open 1 hour after ride close and this has been the case for many years. Originally the hours during Scarefest were a 10pm close. However this has now been reduced to 6pm.

IMG_7547.jpeg

Could well be further cost cutting. If it is then it shows how desperate they may be to hit those cost targets, given that golf can operate on 1 member of staff the saving is pretty minimal in the grand scheme of running Alton Towers.

It looks like you were maybe viewing the page as they were in the process of updating.

The opening hours of golf have been for it to stay open 1 hour after ride close and this has been the case for many years. Originally the hours during Scarefest were a 10pm close. However this has now been reduced to 6pm.

IMG_7547.jpeg

Could well be further cost cutting. If it is then it shows how desperate they may be to hit those cost targets, given that golf can operate on 1 member of staff the saving is pretty minimal in the grand scheme of running Alton Towers.

Although the park is open to 9pm 11-13 October.

Realistically I don't see many people wanting to play it in the evening as rides in the dark are a better thing.