• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

We laughed last week as got sent back on sub terra after taking a seat right back through the "lifts" some people looked so confused. Haha

Had a great visit today, but they need to keep on top of things/broken effects a little better. Sub Terra's exit lifts floors are still broken and the Wicker Man pre-show curtain wasn't moving back, meaning the end of the pre-show looked ridiculous 🤣
Ah, they were having problems with that curtain a few weeks ago. Lamped me on the head :tearsofjoy:

We were at the front of the pre show the first time, I was just underneath the curtain and when it goes dark I thought I could hear it sliding across, but it didn't

I am curious if there is a "B" mode for the preshow, the curtain is really the only mechanical thing that may go wrong, and i wonder if they made it so another curtain can be moved in place or the curtain can be un hooked from the motor allowing the show to work as normally just without the 3d head. It is something disney do with recent builds, and it dosn't seem like it would be dificult to implement on this show.

I am curious if there is a "B" mode for the preshow, the curtain is really the only mechanical thing that may go wrong, and i wonder if they made it so another curtain can be moved in place or the curtain can be un hooked from the motor allowing the show to work as normally just without the 3d head. It is something disney do with recent builds, and it dosn't seem like it would be dificult to implement on this show.
I would hope that any show element that relies on something physically moving would have a back up plan. For example, I always assumed that the "carsh doors" on the launch of Test Track must be made light enough that a car could smash through them without harming riders, if they fail to get out of the way in time. I know that scenery-heavy shows like Phantom and Starlight have multiple back up plans should a certain setpiece fail.

Even if a projector screen curtain isn't safety critical, it's a moving part and can fail. A sensor to detect whether it has moved or not, which would then switch to a back up video being projected would be a wise move.

Does anybody have pictures or information on Menu/Prices of the new xsector food vans? The food looks alot better then other options at the park. I do wish Alton Towers would get local vendors in the park with fresher produce.

Would be helpful if they gave an indication of how large those pizzas are and how much drink you get but frankly that might put more people off, especially if it's 8 inch pizzas and 330ml coke.
Edit: There's 42 calories in 100ml of Coca-cola so that works out at 380ml (before adding ice)

Last edited: