• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Oh yes, nothing better than being woken from your mid bank holiday weekend nap than a nice clap of thunder...
Did the rides reopen anyone...I slept right through it.

Yep, everything went down at 2 with announcements being played saying that it was due to approaching bad weather. Skies were still mostly clear at that point, so a fair few people complaining loudly that there was no reason for it (despite a weather warning being issued two days ago for thunderstorms!) - twenty minutes later, kaboom.

Spent a couple of hours sat alone in the bandstand reading an ebook and getting my bum rumbled by the occasional close one. Slightly concerned when I noticed a couple of teenage girls dancing around taking selfies on that iron bridge at the bottom of the cascade while thunder rumbled all around, but you can’t help stupid. Even made a friend at one point:
IMG_4052.jpegIMG_4054.jpeg

Started to clear up around 4.30, so trudged over to Nemesis which reopened along with everything else right around 5. Glad I waited it out as everyone had buggered off at that point, so half a dozen rides with a station so empty they were allowing people to pick rows 😀.
Heading out of the park, got told by the member of staff that they were giving out free return tickets to compensate for the delay - my second such offer for today as I got evacuated from 13’s crypt this morning 😂.

10/10 would go in a weather warning again.

Here now, and it was a pretty awesome day, despite having little to ride for 3 hours. People seemed scared off by the weather in advance so a planned route around the park resulted in walk-ons to 15 mins for most stuff. The park completely emptied out just before the hail stones, so when everything opened again with some nice warm sunshine around 16:40, over an hour of taking your pick.

I have to say all the events this year so far have been huge step up in quality and offering. Not just the events either but several upgrades throughout the year including: forbidden valley upgrades. R-Cade, sensory space has just opened, a new food area has opened at the back of X Sector, works on the sky ride and stations in the process and hex ongoing.
But even some of the smaller details like the court yard upgraded canopy etc. Instead of it all happening at closed season it’s just really nice to see further enchantments and care as the season goes on. I can’t remember the park usually doing this kind up upgrades after closed season?

If Hex, the sky ride and flats are all introduced next year I can see that being one of there best seasons. But I have a strong feel from
What I’ve seen so far, that this one will be more remembered for its events! I actually am looking forward to Halloween this year and the fact I’m even saying this, just shows the park have restored my faith in its passion and magic once again and thatnit’s definitely on the right path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just catching up from last week, I cannot believe those vans are knocking out more burgers, pizza and hotdogs. So uninspired.

You go to any street food market and its full of interesting things, which are cheap and easy to make in bulk.
Wraps with falafel, kimchi, grilled meats, halumi etc
Massive oversized woks of paella
Yorkshire puddings used to wrap roast meats
And how do we not have fresh churros options?

Why bother with this at all?

Since this week’s CBeebies event isn’t aimed at me, and perhaps not many folks on Towers St either it understandably doesn’t get the attention or general chat that other events across the season might get.

However I think it’s worth noting the continued step up of events across the park this year, Feb Half Term, Alton After Dark and now CBeebies 10th birthday. It’s great to see.

Yes this is essentially a reskinned Oktoberfest set up on the lawns, but for the target age this stuff is great, and reminds me of the effort in terms of the level of entertainment from back in the 90s. Hopefully it’s a sign of things to come.

From: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7pBq1Josj2/?igsh=MnQyMDJzcWt4dHhw

Yes this is essentially a reskinned Oktoberfest set up on the lawns, but for the target age this stuff is great, and reminds me of the effort in terms of the level of entertainment from back in the 90s. Hopefully it’s a sign of things to come.

The set up is probably the optimal way to use the lawns, I'm happy for them to use the same setup for multiple things if it's the best way. Change for changes sake isn't always the right idea.