• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Would be helpful if they gave an indication of how large those pizzas are and how much drink you get but frankly that might put more people off, especially if it's 8 inch pizzas and 330ml coke.
Edit: There's 42 calories in 100ml of Coca-cola so that works out at 380ml (before adding ice)
IMG_3168.jpeg
Photo taken from the ATR Twitter page.

The pizzas look good in my eyes. One of those and a portion of chips and you have lunch for 2 for around £20ish. Could be worse!

IMG_3168.jpeg
Photo taken from the ATR Twitter page.

The pizzas look good in my eyes. One of those and a portion of chips and you have lunch for 2 for around £20ish. Could be worse!

They do not look bad to be fair, a bit on the pricy side for the size. But they don't look terrible quality.

I am most intregued to see the burgers.

Staying on the theme of F&B, we have a limited edition Phalanx lager.
Slightly worrying it's got a radioactive symbol but presumably a few drinkers on here will want their own can.

Have to say I'm disappointed by these food vans. Nothing really on offer here that wasn't already available elsewhere in the park, absolutely nothing healthy and seemingly no options offered for special diets. And that's before we get to the ridiculous prices.
Technically the van is the only place doing fish and chips after the old place converted to a coffee shop. But yes I agree, why not roast meat sandwiches, noodles, even doner kebabs.

Based on the photos alone, the quality looks better than similar food around the park (bar hot dogs). I agree it's foolish not to have had some unique food options given the rise in ‘street food’ across the country in recent years.

I also find it odd not to have had at least one van that offers vegan/veggie/alternative food options. I'm a meat eater, but I feel that for those who choose not to (and anyone with specific dietary requirements which are out of their control). The options at Alton are few to none. Very poor these days.

I also find it odd not to have had at least one van that offers vegan/veggie/alternative food options. I'm a meat eater, but I feel that for those who choose not to (and anyone with specific dietary requirements which are out of their control). The options at Alton are few to none. Very poor these days.

The burger van has a vegan burger.

What I find bizarre is that the bar doesn't serve any alcohol? So why call it a bar? 🤔

I was getting excited to have an alternative location to have a beer in the sun for nothing...

Based on the photos alone, the quality looks better than similar food around the park (bar hot dogs). I agree it's foolish not to have had some unique food options given the rise in ‘street food’ across the country in recent years.

There are vegan burgers and vegan hot dogs available on the vans - not very exciting but available. The lack of other allergen diet foods is a concern, as is the complete lack of healthy options.

Well that's totally underwhelming. The topic of how poor AT food options are came up yesterday at Thorpe, which already has a number of semi-permanent street food outlets offering a far wider choice of options than the new vans at Towers.

What is the point of these things if they're only going to sell the same basic stuff you can already get elsewhere? With Mardi Gras they brought in genuinely different options so it's not as if it's a totally alien concept.

First time I ever ate a delicious donkey doner kebab, with beer, watching a few coasters going round.
Free tickets, quiet midweek, with an old client thoosie from twenty odd years ago.
Not bad.
Thorpe sometimes, is fantastic.
You just have to pick your day.
Never has a bad day at Thorpe, ever.
Naughty northerners on a midweek playout.
Just don't try and tie it in with a night in the west end.
Chertsey and Staines are acceptable for the beer trail.
Bring on those sooper soaraway sun freebies, once more.
Third time round...in the megavolvo world tour...

There are vegan burgers and vegan hot dogs available on the vans - not very exciting but available. The lack of other allergen diet foods is a concern, as is the complete lack of healthy options.

Although I’m not convinced that many people actually want the healthier choices, I think they do need something that at least feels healthy, like rice bowls and burritos, feel better than burger and chips even if it’s a similar number of kcal.

This is it. While many people bang the healthy option drum, the reality is, sales (from what I've seen) are so low they are almost not worth having on the menu.

Maybe there are ways to change this but I think the reality is not that many people want to eat that at a theme park. It would be nice to have a few options though. But from a parks perspective, that is taking valuable space for something that could make a profit. These big corporations though, I do think they have a partially responsibility to dish at atleast some healthy options.

We go to parks to eat crap and drink beer...at every opportunity.
Some peoples bodies are temples.
Mine is the Kebab Hut on South Shore.

I must admit. I go to a themepark and part of the alure is not so much the beers, but all the junk food. I save the beer for days I am not themeparking.