• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Opening day is up to £53 in advance now. O'Neill's Ticketmaster-style dynamic pricing in full operation. Could be a busy one.
I’d expect it to be a sell out. How many tickets that is these days I don’t know but I doubt it’s more than 22k

Reactions: Ash
28,000 on record, but Mr O'Neill suggested numbers would be reduced to improve customer experience, but wasn't clear if that was an actual cap or purely trying to manage it via price increases. I am not convinced they wouldn't want to sell as many tickets as possible despite what has been said. Will also be interested to know if any level of pass-holder slots have greyed out yet?

28,000 on record, but Mr O'Neill suggested numbers would be reduced to improve customer experience, but wasn't clear if that was an actual cap or purely trying to manage it via price increases. I am not convinced they wouldn't want to sell as many tickets as possible despite what has been said. Will also be interested to know if any level of pass-holder slots have greyed out yet?

Nothing greyed out on Platinum.

Reactions: Tom
I've always been able to download tickets to Google wallet. I didn't know that was ever not a thing last season?

Thanks for the insight guys.

Now at £59, not sure we've ever had such a high proportion of the gate price this far away from a date? Wonder if Discoveries have been greyed yet - they seemed to suffer more than most (at Midways at least) when I had one before.

Thanks for the insight guys.

Now at £59, not sure we've ever had such a high proportion of the gate price this far away from a date? Wonder if Discoveries have been greyed yet - they seemed to suffer more than most (at Midways at least) when I had one before.
What’s the deal with people desperately wanting to go opening day. The crowds on the Sunday will be much lower

Not everyone goes to the park to ride the maximum number of rides. Many will be going for the spectacle and atmosphere of the reopening of a crowd favourite, for many people Nemesis *is* Alton Towers and they want to be there
Alright I get that if you’re a season pass holder but if you only visit like twice a year why would you choose to go on opening day

So they want to pay £50 day ticket to only do a few rides? Great value for money that

As Tom mentioned, the day is a good deal longer than other available days, with an 8pm close. As well as this, most other rides will be significantly quieter.

Finally, Nemesis is a HUGE draw for the park, people will always want to be there for the first day regardless of if they’re regular visitors. Theres been tonnes of marketing, and many will have held off on visiting in 2023 and will be impatient to get back to the park

No doubt you wouldn’t have asked the question if it were Smiler reopening after a retrack (not that that would ever happen)

Exactly that - “for you”

I’m really not anticipating the rest of the park to be swarmed, and Nemesis has a great capacity so the queue shouldn’t be unbearable. Sub Terra however I worry will struggle with the crowds
Well I’m expecting Nemesis to peak at 3 hours and Galactica/Sub-terra 2 hours

It may be busier on Saturday but you get 3 extra hours more than Sunday to get on stuff.

I'm going on opening day simply to ride Nemesis, I can't wait any longer than that :tearsofjoy:
Let’s hope it’s riding well. Don’t inverts take years to get really intense