• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

That would be relevant if the issue was the restraints but it’s the lift hill so whether humans are on board and the harnesses moving is irrelevant to the issue we are seeing.

The testing process of anything will have time spent between testing the thing, then reviewing the results before testing again. I don't where you are getting that I'm thinking about restraints here, it's just how the testing process works.

Testing something on and off for a few hours every so often will never replicate the full 'standard' operating procedure. My work could do the standard testing process for the product, and as soon as it's installed on site break for a multitude of reasons. Some things just cannot be accounted for and seems that this "they've rushed testing to open it" line is certainly moving from an "opinion" to "fact" with no evidence to back it up.

The testing process of anything will have time spent between testing the thing, then reviewing the results before testing again. I don't where you are getting that I'm thinking about restraints here, it's just how the testing process works.

Testing something on and off for a few hours every so often will never replicate the full 'standard' operating procedure. My work could do the standard testing process for the product, and as soon as it's installed on site break for a multitude of reasons. Some things just cannot be accounted for and seems that this "they've rushed testing to open it" line is certainly moving from an "opinion" to "fact" with no evidence to back it up.
EXACTLY, it's why in software AB testing is a thing, but I don't think mack can do them for a coaster!

Hyperia tested for a month, Nemesis tested for over 2. If Hyperia had the testing regime Nemesis had this fault would have occurred prior to opening and public would likely be none the wiser.
To be fair in the week proceeding opening, Nemesis was frequently running with just half a train, or even fully closed due to issues. So of course the more you test the more likely you are to pick issues up, but there’s never any guarantees.

Next week?

From: https://x.com/Breadosity/status/1800102719946125688?t=Xwf3qJLiPK5v3Niyk5EmXg&s=19

Maybe take with a pinch of salt, as it looks to be a 16 yo, that a staff member might be trying to set an expectation with but gutting if this weekend isn't reopening.

(Sunday PM soft opening would be great though 😉)

Last week I'd heard the 11th from some former colleagues but unless it's going to be a really low key soft opening to get some manned trains around before another big relaunch, it's been awfully quiet! We'll see 😊 Hope it opens soon for all of you with planned trips 🤞

There's probably all sorts of mixed messages going around. I wouldn't be surprised if it just opens one day without any sort of announcement or fanfare; it would take the pressure off and avoid a mad rush of crowds. And then once it is open they can just announce that Hyperia is operating once again.

Can't see why they would want to do a soft opening?? Better to run it for a week nonstop with dummies to shake it down and then *try* to re-create the buzz (after all the marketing $$$ they've spent).

If I were TP, I'd be doing another BIG weekend opening, and limiting the queue before 12pm to anyone who had tickets for the original weekend* (the rest of the park will be quieter for the rest of the guests anyway).
* And if they do that, I'll be sending my marketing invoice!

Can't see why they would want to do a soft opening?? Better to run it for a week nonstop with dummies to shake it down and then *try* to re-create the buzz (after all the marketing $$$ they've spent).

If I were TP, I'd be doing another BIG weekend opening, and limiting the queue before 12pm to anyone who had tickets for the original weekend* (the rest of the park will be quieter for the rest of the guests anyway).
* And if they do that, I'll be sending my marketing invoice!
Fate is a temptress who shouldn't be messed with twice lol.

There’s clearly been a lot of controversy over the last few pages, so let’s try and come up with something we can all agree on.

It’d be nice to have another launch, and it’s important to let it bed in, so why don’t they invite Theme Park Worldwide and a few other influencers to spend a week riding it without any queues. We can all enjoy their videos. And then in a weeks’ time they can do another launch.

I’d be very surprised if anyone disagreed with that idea.

I could be wrong, but to me, it doesn’t look like a ride that’s opening today. The area still looked cordoned off with “No Entry to Hyperia” signs up, and the queue time sign outside appeared to say “Closed Today”.

This morning, they appeared to be stopping it at different points on the lift hill (at the bottom and then on the top) during their tests. It’s been testing on and off throughout the day, with varying amounts of test dummies (some empty trains, some full).

Hyperia being closed does have some upshots, however; I matched the ride count I got in just over 5 hours at LEGOLAND yesterday before 12pm, with 6 rides already done! I’m currently in the queue for my 7th.

On a side note; it’s a rather big thing in person, isn’t it?

I could be wrong, but to me, it doesn’t look like a ride that’s opening today. The area still looked cordoned off with “No Entry to Hyperia” signs up, and the queue time sign outside appeared to say “Closed Today”.
Same source as my comment above stated that there should be queue clearance starting early this afternoon if it hasn't already.

It’d be nice to have another launch, and it’s important to let it bed in, so why don’t they invite Theme Park Worldwide and a few other influencers to spend a week riding it without any queues. We can all enjoy their videos. And then in a weeks’ time they can do another launch.
I'd partially agree with this. Think a last min casual soft opening, followed by a few press/media sources invited to a slightly 'bigger' relaunch night on an evening (to create content that combats the 'unsafe' narrative thats been swirling 🙄) then perhaps a smaller-than-the-first full public relaunch event.

This morning, they appeared to be stopping it at different points on the lift hill (at the bottom and then on the top) during their tests. It’s been testing on and off throughout the day, with varying amounts of test dummies (some empty trains, some full).

Hyperia being closed does have some upshots, however; I matched the ride count I got in just over 5 hours at LEGOLAND yesterday before 12pm, with 6 rides already done! I’m currently in the queue for my 7th.

On a side note; it’s a rather big thing in person, isn’t it?
Not to get your hopes up, but it has been testing with people on it today as well as test dummies.

Pray for Matt N 🙏🏻

There’s clearly been a lot of controversy over the last few pages, so let’s try and come up with something we can all agree on.

I’d be very surprised if anyone disagreed with that idea.
I disagree.
Just to be me.
Just turn that sign from closed to open, drop the rope, and let em in.