• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Might be a negative thing in a way. It’ll make the other coasters seem lackluster and underwhelming now
Why would it?
The Grand National became a useless lacklustre turd the day after they built the Big One.
It’s fantastic for the UK off course but now a lot of people will probably leave Thorpe thinking “Well Hyperia was amazing and the others were sh*t”
Again, I just can't understand your logic sometimes.
People probably won't.
You and a few judgemental thoosies might, but Merlin aren't building for them.
Some don't like big heights so won't ride it.
Everyone likes something different.

It’s fantastic for the UK off course but now a lot of people will probably leave Thorpe thinking “Well Hyperia was amazing and the others were sh*t”
I think there's a good chance Hyperia will attract a fresh new audience to Thorpe Park, who may not have visited without the draw of a unique Mack Hyper. These people are likely to find appreciation in the diversity of the rest of the park once they're there! We also don't yet know the ride experience (although it looks very promising!) - it certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea & people will still visit to enjoy what they always have, which is a pretty solid line-up as it stands, one that is likely to continue to improve over the years :)

That said, I do fully expect to see you charging around Theme Parks waving a flaming pitch fork at any ride that isn't either The Smiler or Hyperia this season.

Thorpe invited Theme Park Guide (me) down yesterday for a walk around of the park and to see Hyperia from a different side of the fence.

Its crazy how how much ride has changed the skyline.

hyperia21stfeb2024-001.jpg

hyperia21stfeb2024-003.jpg

Walking to the area from Nemesis Inferno theres a cool shot

hyperia21stfeb2024-015.jpg

Old Town is getting alot of work done to it. The path is gonna be jet washed soon

hyperia21stfeb2024-019.jpg

The catwalk steps went in yesterday, belive there all installed now but heres the first bit going in..

hyperia21stfeb2024-028.jpg

The maintinace bay is getting theming added to it. Notice the black pannels at the bottom

hyperia21stfeb2024-044.jpg

Thats one step lift hill at 45 degrees

hyperia21stfeb2024-052.jpg

The old Platform 15 fence has been repainted black

hyperia21stfeb2024-067.jpg

View from the site office balcony

hyperia21stfeb2024-083.jpg

The gold theming on the station looks really nice in person.

hyperia21stfeb2024-069.jpg

Anyway... theres more photos online if anyone fancys a gander.

Fantastic photos as always, mate! I've really enjoyed following your updates over the course of construction :)

If I was Thorpe Parks marketing team I wouldn't do the usual CGI filled advert. Just make some cinematic widshots of that structure and a brief clip of the first test run off the lift. They'll have everyone's attention!

I told an old school friend last week I was looking forward to going to Thorpe Park again, and I he asked "why, what's new"?
I just showed him one picture of it from across the lake and he was stunned. It just looks surreal!

I don’t really care for the stylised “theme” as it’s incredibly hard to theme a 230ft coaster without it looking tacky anyway. But with the incredible IMAscore soundtrack encapsulating the feeling they intend, if they don’t include onboard audio, it’ll be a massive opportunity missed in my opinion.

Could always put a 260ft LEGO minifigure next to it with the top of the lift hill passing through his big round LEGO hand